Tumor shrinkage post-brachytherapy

Hi all, this is my first time posting here, so please let me know if this is not the appropriate forum for my question.

For me, a partial response was shown on MRI following cis/rad, and I’m awaiting my follow up scans in December after completing my brachy in mid-August.

For those of you with SCC who did Cisplatin, radiation, and brachytherapy, how much did your tumors shrink further following brachytherapy?

Hi lovely, I didn’t want to read and run!
I think it varies greatly as everyone is different, some people find it’s all gone at the first scan others it takes a bit longer.
The radiation carries on working for a long time after you have finished xx

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :blush:

@nurhachi sorry I can’t give a definite answer, if it helps mine was 6cm and at my 3 month scan whatever was showing (as they can’t determine if it’s scar tissue, tumour etc) was down to 1cm x

1 Like

That helps so much! That’s exactly what I was wondering. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @nurhachi !
For another example, the lesions/tumors in me were 5.8cm and 3cm at the start of May- then had Cisplatin/radiotherapy/Brachy. Last PET scan end of Oct. One is not visible and the other is 1.6cm.

Wow, that’s amazing @Gratefool ! So what do you do now? Do the docs just continue to monitor, or do you receive additional treatment?

2 Likes

It is really terrific, @nurhachi !!
There will be another PET scan in January. But Since being diagnosed, I changed my lifestyle/eating habits (Vegan Keto, no sugar, gluten) and began using mushroom powder, turmeric, and astragalus root extract which I still use daily. I feel good with occasional abdominal cramps. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, that’s also on my to-do list. I’ve been on this junk binge for the past few weeks (I guess making up for not being able to eat throughout treatment), but my goal is to be completely vegan and clean eating very soon.

Besides some fatigue, I too, feel ok with only occasional abdominal cramps.

1 Like