TTC after Lletz

Hi ladies.

I am 4 weeks post Lletz. I have had sex once after and was fine, did not bleed and was not sore, but we did go slow.  I am due to be fertile again (according to PinkPad) at the end of this month.  I am desperate to try for another baby again, but the thought of going of my follow up smear in 6 months, scares the hell out of me.

Does anyone know if being pregnant can throw a smear offline?  Also, does pregnancy increase the risk of the precancerous cells returning?

My Doctor advised me to get 'right back in the saddle' as soon as I has stopped bleeding, advising that there was no reason to wait.  But I am just so scared and do not want to go through the stress again when I'm pregnant if the smear shows abnormal again!

Thanks for your help! XxX

Hi Gilly,

i have a daughter and we were going to start trying again this year until all this started happening!! The consultant did tell me that the lletz shouldn't affect my fertility but may cause pre term labour. My daughter was 2 weeks early anyway so not too worried about that. 

i, too, would like to try once I have the all clear (fingers crossed). 

I have been wondering the same as you. Should I wait until the 6 month follow up is done or start straight away. Doesn't seem like your doctor has any concerns which is positive  

Hope you have some answers to your questions. Sorry I wasn't much help. 

X

Hi DB12,

i will keep in touch and let u know how I get on.

I hope you get the result from your lletz soon.

Hi girls,

I am in the same boat. Had Lletz yeaterday and the doc told me to wait 4 weeks before sex and to wait 3 months before continuing tcc. We have been trying for nearly a year and I am already having tests for ovulation issues so this is all very scary. I have to go back in 6 months for a repeat colposcopy but if I do fall pregnant then they would wait until afterwards so that was good. The last thing I want is to have to wait! 

I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and see what they advise X 

Hi I had a late misscarge last February at 18 weeks i had a leeps done last wed and I'm due to go back to my gyno

On Thursday. But I'm scared to lose another baby and

i have pcos  Has any one else had a smiler stuation and had a healthy pregancy and baby

Hi I know this post is a few months old but thought I would share my experience in case it helps. I had lletz treatment in June last year and was very keen to start ttc for our second child. I was advised at the treatment to wait until i'd had one period following treatment before ttc. I fell pregnant in October and because of the treatment, the midwife had to refer me to a consultant. At 12 week scan the consultant said they might go ahead with my 6 month follow up smear but they waited until they saw me again at the 20 week scan. At 20 weeks the consultant refered me to have a smear done at the hospital. I was worried this would upset the pregnancy but was assured it was safe and that it was the best time to do it. I had no bleeding or complications afterwards and was refered back to midwife led care. Thankfully my smear came back negative so I don't need any more treatment. They said if it had shown something up they would do the treatment after I'd had the baby. I'm now nearly 38 weeks pregnant and am greatful that so far everything has gone smoothly with the pregnancy. 

Hope things go well for everyone else xx 

1 Like

Hiya

I am so happy I saw this thread - I had lletz one week ago and I am getting my results of the lletz next Friday. My biopsies were inconclusive both times, whereas my smears have shown high grade changes. I am DESPERATE for a baby, and kicking myself for not having one last year (which is when the OH and I started discussing when to have one.) I was under the impression I had to wait 6 months after lletz before TTC (guessing that's 'trying to concieve'?), but having seen this thread it seems that a month or so is fine?? I'm delighted by that! Is that the case for everyone? I guess I need to check with my gyno when I see him for the results. EmJ83 if you don't mind me asking what was your lletz treating? Congratulations on the pregnancy too :) Thanks everyone xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Hi, I would love to know how you got on. I am in the same position now