Trouble getring my smear done

So today I had an appointment for a snear test and went thinking it would be out the way quick. When I got called in the Nurse I saw had me there for 20 mins or so trying to find my cervix. She then said do I mind her calling in a GP. The GP then came in and knows me well but said oh I remember having to come to help about 4 years ago on a previous smear. I couldnt remember that myself but must of happened. The GP then tried to reach cervix but also couldnt. I said to them it was probably because of cone biopsy I hsd about 6 years ago and ever since had problems when getting my smears done.
The GP said I had abit of thrush and needed to treat that and then come back after and they will try again in a few weeks time.

Does anyone else struggle getting smears done since having cone biopsy?

I had lletz treatment back in 1997 and the cone biopsy around 7 years ago.

Hi Jenny47,

I have the same issue as yourself when Ive attend the colposcopy clinic the last few times and they are the experts. It was never an issue before the treatment now they have difficulty finding cervix every time. When I asked why I was told it was due to the treatment.

Rowan, I completely forgot about the problems ive had with previous smears and went thinking it would be done quick and out the way.
I remember going back previously for a hospital smear after treatment and same problem the Nurse had to get a different Nurse to help.

When I go back in a few weeks I just hope they can get it done.

I was at the clinic this week, same doctor but she had no problem this time thankfully( so relieved had keyed myself up wasn’t looking forward to it)

Hope it’s the same for you :slightly_smiling_face: