Treatment for persistent CIN1, HPV+ (not 16/18)

This is the third year in the row that I’ve had CIN1 cervical dysplasia and HPV+ (not 16/18). Apparently my doctors are now using their own judgement while treating me, as I fall outside the normal framework of people clearing HPV/LSIL in 2 years or less.

I’m sick of this cycle of watch and wait, but I’m also scared of what treatment might entail, and I’m afraid of it getting worse. My doctor implied to me that there’s a potentially greater likelihood of it getting worse since the HPV has persisted this long.

Has anyone done cryotherapy? This is an option for me because the dysplasia isn’t inside the cervical canal; it’s on the surface of the cervix. It’s all localized around one spot (around 5pm if you look at the cervix like a clock).

I am scared of negative side effects that would affect my sex life and potential future pregnancies (I’m 28 and single with no kids). Can anyone give me any insight? Even if you’re in the same situation as me, it would be good to know I’m not alone.

No advice but in a very similar situation to you, it’s so frustrating isn’t it. I’ve had CIN 1 HPV+ for years now, worked out I must have had hpv a minimum of 6 years. Just wish there was a sure fire way of getting rid of it. Although I guess as long as we keep totally up to date with all appointments and screenings it should be ok.