Transabdominal cerclage

Hi all, following a cc diagnosis, 2 lletz procedures and a cautery of the cervix I have just 1.3 cm of left. I don’t yet have children but planning TTC in the next year or so.

I had a gynae appt yesterday with a really nice consultant (I was there for almost 2hours!) And she did an internal scan to check the cervix length and talked me through the fact that because of how little I have left, cervical cerclage (stitch) is not viable for me (you need at least 2.5cm) and I would need to have an open procedure to insert one through the abdomen (a c section incision).

This means I won’t be able to ever give birth naturally and would need to deliver by c section. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

My issue is when to have it:
1 - I could have it when actually pregnant, it has to be done in the first trimester. I worry there will be more of a risk if I have surgery while actually pregnant…I know they wouldn’t do it if it was unsafe but still. Also if I had it done then it would be done after all of the screening tests were done, to check for any issues etc and if there was a problem, or I had an early miscarriage I would be able to give birth naturally (sorry that’s probably poorly worded, I don’t mean to be insensitive I just don’t know how else to say it)

2 - I could have it done before TTC. Doc said there would be an opening left in the cervix just enough for us to be able to conceive. This would be surgery while not pregnant, but it would be done before any screening tests and ultimately if there was an issues or I miscarried I would need surgery as I wouldn’t be able to give birth.
But part of my feels like this might be safer from a reducing the risk of early miscarriage…because I have bugger all cervix?
But then having the stitch before TTC…I know they leave a gap but I worry that will make it harder to conceive and I am approaching 35 now so don’t want to be waiting too much longer.

Hopefully that all made sense, it’s a massive brain dump to be honest so it’s good to get it off my chest.
I’d be interested to hear from anyone that may of gone through this, or any midwives maybe that have experience of dealing with people with this.
There just doesn’t seem to be alot of helpful information to give me facts and figures about which is safer and more likely to result in me being able to conceive and carry a baby to term.