Trachelectomy-help!!

Hi all,

Firstly, I just want to say how amazing this forum is and how brilliant all of you ladies who contribute are. I have been lurking on here for months, and your stories have been invaluable to me. They have given me strength and solace when I’ve felt at a loss.

I‘m 32 years old and was diagnosed with cervical cancer after a (very) late smear test. I am booked in for a trachelectomy with lymph node removal on Tuesday (22nd May). I‘m extremely relieved and feel very lucky to have the opportunity to receive fertility sparing treatment (no kids yet), but I am freaking out about the operation! 

I don’t think I realised how complex the op is, and when the consultant told me it could take 6 hours I was shocked.

I would love to hear some experiences and advice from any of you ladies who have had the same operation. I need calming down!

Thanks

Sophie

Hi toothsoph

I am also newly diagnosed with cc and like u I was panicking out of my mind of the not knowing what to expect, but I can tell u I had a radical hysterectomy done on Friday and I'm home today and feeling pretty gd I'm a little bit uncomfortable here and there and slow on my feet but it's honestly not been as bad as I taught it was going to be , so try not worry to much and ur definitely on the right place for support the women are lovely and we're wonderful to me when I was needing some support 

I wish u all the best 

Melissa x

Hi Sophie

Feel free to PM me any questions you have. I had abdominal trach along with lymph node removal in december 2016. It depends a little whether you are getting abdominal incision or keyhole.

I would say it took me a while to get strength back, I had to build up but I know that my recovery was probably slower due to the abdominal incision. 

xx

I’m having same in a week or 2. Feel free to private message me. I’m currently writing a list of questions regarding op and fertility (no children).