Too wobbly to ask questions....

I had my colposcopy on Thurs - nothing showed up as white, but a smudge showed with iodine, so that was biopsied.

I got all shaky after the biopsies, so didn't ask what it might be that he'd biopsied, so I have no idea what to expect.

I have the usual 4-5 weeks to worry about it, but if anyone has any ideas what would show only with iodine, please suggest something, so that I have some idea what treatment I might need when the results come back!

Thanks =)

Hi lazydaisy,

I'm sorry you were feeling so wobbly, its a worrying time, I can really empathise with you. I don't know what the iodine may have shown, but in terms of treatment, many ladies on here have had what's often called a "lletz" treatment if abnormal cells are found or suspected. This is a treatment which can be done under local anaesthetic in the colposcopy clinic or some ladies such as myself have it done under general anaesthetic as a day patient (I was in at 12:00 and out at 19:00 and most of that time between 12:00 and 16:00 was waiting for surgery). I understand that there are other types of treatment available but I don;t know much about these I'm afraid. Sometimes the biopsy results show no further treatment is needed at this time. I wish you all the best xx

You can google that information to see how your dr is able to see abnormal cells with iodine. Becomes much like a bright yellow. There are many options on what comes next. They are slow growing cells and very often easily treated. It's scary but also great odds of it going away. Take care, good luck!

Hi I just wanted to try and reassure you as I had the same symptoms as yourself, I had colposcopy 8 weeks ago and received my results 2 

weeks ago. Which came back as cin 1 with hpv I do not have to have any more treatment . am have just beeto told I have to return in a yyear for a follow uup smear to see if it

as got better on its own. I did have whiting on my cervix but it was only cin 1 so try not Hi I just wanted to try and reassure you as I had the same symptoms as yourself, I had colposcopy 8 weeks ago and received my results 2 

weeks ago. Which came back as cin 1 with hpv I do not have to have any more treatment . am have just beeto told I have to return in a yyear for a follow uup smear to see if it

as got better on its own. I did have whiting on my cervix but it was only cin 1 so try another to worry hopefully all will be fine,

dont let it take over your life too by constantly checking the post atoy results took 6 weeks to arrive I managed to switch of after 3 weeks.

take care. X 

Sorry about my spelling mistakes!! Just getting used to new I pad x 

A big thank you to all of you for your kind replies, just knowing that other people have been there & got through all the waiting and chasing the postman, really helps me get things in perspective and calm down a bit!

How long can I expect to be feeling crampy & 'losing black stuff' for after just biopsies, not treatment? 

Hopefully being back at work full time this week will keep my brain too busy to 'feel' these aches & pains that probably aren't really there, whilst I'm waiting to see what the results say!

Hi I was ok after a week all was ok but if you start getting a funny smell and pain you will have got an infection. But I'm sure u will be fine. Try and focus on the now keep busy it will help k

keep your mind of things. xx