Time before flying after LEEP/LLETZ

Hi everyone,

First of all, I’d just like to say how much I’ve appreciated reading the forums these past few months! This has been the best resource for me, hands down.

A few weeks ago, the doctor called to say my biopsy came back as CIN III, and to schedule a LEEP under GA. The soonest she could do it is June 30. My doc has rescheduled previous appointments (3 times in a row!), so it’s been almost 6 months since my first abnormal pap…thus, I said yes absolutely, June 30!

Problem is, I’m supposed to take an international flight one week later. I hadn’t thought this would be a problem at all until I read a few things about not being able to fly for a month after LEEP. My doc’s on vacation for the next two weeks, so I can’t call and ask her.

What’s the general consensus here for flying after LEEP? Aside from the probable discomfort, anyway. I have compression socks to help prevent blood clots, etc. I’d really rather not have to reschedule the appointment, as her next availability is end of August :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

Hi Monrovia,

I have had 2 LEEP's now and have just double checked my information leaflets given to me after the procedures and there is no mention of not being able to fly so I would think you would be fine.

Hope that helps!

My info said 2 weeks before foreign travel, hope this helps.

Thank you! I'm going to try not to worry about flying, since it sounds like it will be fine. LEEP is 3 days away, oh boy!

Hi Monrovia, 

I just came across your post and I find myslef in the same situation as you. I will be taking a 15 hour flight a week or 10 days after my LEEP. I was wondering how did you get on with your flight after the procdure?

Thank you