Thymic Hyperplasia

Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with stage 2b last July and went through 5 rounds of chemo, 25 radiotherapy and 3 brachytherapy. I am now officially in remission (wooohooooo).
However, on my pet scan in February my oncologist observed that my thymus had grown and he said it was Thymic Hyperplasia caused by the chemo. We agreed to leave it 6 months and re-scan. I had the scan and it had grown from 1.4cm to 2cm.
I was then referred to the Lung MDT as they thought it could be sinister. They requested a pet scan which came back inconclusive for cancer. So they referred me to a Thoracic Surgeon who I saw on Tuesday. He said that he thinks it could still be thymic hyperplasia but could not rule out the slim chance of it being cancer.
He has asked me to think as to whether I want it removed immediately or leave it a couple of months and re-scan to see what it’s doing.

After already having cervical cancer my anxiety has gone into overdrive and thinks let’s just get it out but this would mean a big operation.
The surgeon is saying if I wait a couple of months it may be reduce if it is thymic hyperplasia.

This may be a long shot but, has anyone ever come across chemo induced thymic hyperplasia after there treatment please?

Thank you for reading!!
Ella xx