Things that helped-first few weeks

Hi everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself as I have lurked here but was too shocked at my diagnosis to post. Diagnosed 12th June, adenocarcinoma, LLETZ yesterday for more analysis.

There have been some things that have helped me through so I thought to start a thread to share.

Firstly that the days between diagnosis and being referred to/meeting the Gynea Cancer team were a sort of black hole, felt much better once I had a Dr who was on the case.

Telling friends helped, asking for help.

i had to get husband to tell family, that was hard.

Stopping work was best for me - self employed antenatal/yoga teacher.

Youtube guided meditations - I search 'healing meditation' and find that they get me off to sleep. I personally ike one by Louise Hay and all by Deepak Chopra.

The book Anticancer - very interesting and gave me the sense that I could do something (diet, lifestyle) to hold cancer at bay while I waited for medical progress.

Meeting others with cancer, in RL or online.

Keeping a diary or scrapbook.

If you can afford (or if is offered at your hospital) having some kind of talking therapy- for me herbalist and craniosacral therapist have helped me sort out my head.

Expecting ups and downs.

it is very weird as I feel normal, but emotionally exhausted. Anyway, love to you all and do share your ways of coping!

Mitch

Fab post Mitch well done xxx

I found watching comedy movies reading keeping myself busy with friends esp if they involve food so I don't have to cook!

I have brought a nutribullet and juicing that's really helped me feel better about the vitamins I am putting in my body.

Going to church at my church they do a healing service and found again something I can do and helps me release some emotions too.

Hope you get good results from your lletz and no more treatment needed Xxxx

Fab post Mitch well done xxx

I found watching comedy movies reading keeping myself busy with friends esp if they involve food so I don't have to cook!

I have brought a nutribullet and juicing that's really helped me feel better about the vitamins I am putting in my body.

Going to church at my church they do a healing service and found again something I can do and helps me release some emotions too.

Hope you get good results from your lletz and no more treatment needed Xxxx

Hi Mitch and Sarah 

thanks for sharing those ideas. I met my friend yesterday who is very spiritual and she told me about a meditation ap called head space, and about the benefits of yoga and meditation.

I think at the moment diet and keeping our minds healthy is about the only thing we can control! I have embraced green tea and jake although funding hard to shun the odd glass of wine and chocolate.

thanks again for sharing that

ps sarah I have wanted a nutri bullet for ages how are they?

Kimmy

Yes glass of wine has been helping me Kimmy too. 

I'm loving the nutribullet I already had a juicer but there was so many bits to it and such a faff to clean and I really hated the waste from normal juicer as it gets rid of the fibre etc. 

But with the nb its so easy to clean no faffing around as just one large cup you put all ingredients in and never any waste too.

I have been having the cancer prevention recovery recipes.  

Definitely a good investment for me. xxx

Hi Kimmy, Sarah,

We are on a similar diet then, meditation/prayer, green tea, wine, juice... ;-)

I have borrowed a nutribullet but am not using it as regularly as I could, I need someone to prepare them for me I think. I don't find anything that I have made so far to be that appetising. Too thick.  Easy to use though. I am avoiding inflammatory foods (sugar, processed food, some fats and oils) and eating much more veg. And putting turmeric in everything!

I recall now that I have the headspace app, yes it is good I will go back to it. Great reminder. Well said about diet and mind...

I might go to an induction day at the Penny Brohn centre as I am in Bristol, they cover these sorts of things I think, diet and spirituality. They do residentials too I think. Hmmm. Not sure if I can face it yet though, a course on cancer. It is like a weird new hobby!

x Mitch

Mitch ha I can relate to being weird new hobby, I think my new specalist subject on Mastermind would have to be cervical cancer, I seem to have learnt a lot over the months since smear.  

have you tried to cup of grapes spinach pecan nuts if you add fresh juice to it and water half of each to the max line. It doesn't taste amazing however it is ok.  

xxx

I am the complete same in two weeks my diet has been overhauled to veggy. My poor boyfriends tummy is struggling (I'll say no more!!) I read an alaakaline diet is helpful and someone I know mentioned apricot kornals as being helpful.

i am also addicted to turmeric like u Mitch. I am not the most spiritual person but a good friend is and the yoga meditation etc has really helped. If nothing else our bods and minds are ready for a fight!!

the only naughty thing I have kept in my new veggy regime is my wine though!!

Kimmy 

You have motivated me, I will commit to making another nutribullet tomorrow! I need to detox after all the anaesthetic...

Apricot kernels contain cyanide. A friend of mine had an aunt with terminal cancer who just so happened to be a scientist so she experimented on herself with apricot kernels. There is not much research on this because cyanide kills people, not just cancer cells. Whilst the aunt lasted a surprisingly long time, the cancer killed her before the research could possibly have been said to have cured her. Don't try this at home!!

How did you get on with the nutribullet my friend has porridge oats milk bannana blueberries every day I bet that's nice. Xx

I bet it's not as nice as bananas and blueberries on porridge with milk. These are all foods we can digest easily so why blitz them into a liquid? It just makes your digestive system lazy.

Today I got my husband to make me one for the fridge, yesterday I was too woozy to get myself any food! It was banana, mango, raspberry plus some green superfood mixture. And some sprouted seeds.  I watered it down more and found it better - not delicious but something to sip!

I've been reading the book Nourish again for a reminder about why adjusting your diet is helpful. I had cake too though, of course!

Whoops!

I think for me Tivoli I don't have time for breakfast and not a big breakfast person so the juice I have is getting loads of vitamins in at a time I wouldn't normally have anything. Plus I put kale in mine and no way I would have kale or spinach for breakfast. Xx

Mitch I do love cake I had a small slice at my friends yesterday it was lovely! Xx

I'm so glad I didn't rush out and buy apricot kernels! Thanks tivoli! Definitely think I'm going to invest in a nutri bullet I've fancied one for a while and love the idea of all the flavour combos!!

hey Sarah u replied on one of my posts about calling the consultant for MDT results, I asked ur advice as not sure if I should or not as scared stiff that it will be bad news

Kimmy

I will check your post hun I wish this site was like Facebook and notified you when another post was posted. 

You will love the nutribullet I do and you can make loads of things with them Soups puddings dips pasta sauces.  I'm yet to do so but intending on trying soon. Today I was feeling hungry so my normal reaction would be to graze on biscuits or cake but instead I did a fruit smootie no spinach or kale and was v nice.

Xxx

It is important to be healthy but it's also important not to deprive yourselves of things you enjoy - were already going through enough!

interesting Kimmy....I've been told an acidic diet! Ha!

Is alkaline and acidic the same thing?!

The thing I read said foods that cause ur body to become more alkaline so the foods themselves may be acidic as i think lemon was on the list.

in fairness sweet pea I was advocating apricot kernols not knowing they contain bad chemicals so Im prob best not listened to ha ha!

im enjoying some fizz having had some pizza whilst watching master chef. It may not be healthy but I feel human and like myself so that's a winner!!

Kimmy