The Wait

Hi Fiona,

My goodness, how frustrating! This is an incredibly long time to live with such uncertainty. I have seen on other threads that there is a place where you can complain to hopefully jiggle things on when they are taking a very long time (i.e outside of their quoted timescales) it might be worth trying them if you get no luck on Tuesday. I'm sorry but I can't remember what they were called, but our friend google may yield some answers.

You are very brave for getting through all that, it sounds like you have had a really tough time and are really wanting some reassurance and normality now. At least you can hold on to the fact you have also had a colposcopy. If they had seen anything worrisome (and remember they probably see lots of cervixes every day) they would not have made you wait so long, and would have biopsied/ offered more treatment.

Sorry you are on this horrid waiting train too, hopefully you will get some reassurance in the next few days

x

Hi Suzysooz,

Thanks for your reply. I'm definitely feeling better about this result having already had the colposcopy, but I just want to know where I stand and where I go from here which is what is making is so frustrating, whether i'll need to go back in 6 months, a year or 3 years etc.

I'll definitely try and find that complaints place if I get no luck on Tuesday. As great as some of the hospital staff are, you can tell most have never been in our position as they have no compassion for the worries we go through over the waiting period.

Fingers crossed i'll hear something in the next few days and all you will too :) x

My lovely ladies

I can't quite believe I am saying this, buutttt....

It appears.... I'm clear!

I plucked up the courage to call the consultants secretary today (2 weeks post LLETZ, I know that is naughty) and she said that I had been issued with a standard letter, to the tune of...

You had CIN3 which has been removed, no evidence of CC, you are now discharged for a smear in 6 months!

I really can't believe it as I had many of the symptoms, more discharge, post coital bleeding, abdominal/ kidney pain, sore thighs and frequency to pee! Looks like I am a big old hypochondriac (or just getting a bit old)

Thank you so much for being there for me. Wishing all of you still on the waiting train the very very best. Just because you may think you have symptoms try not to believe the worst.

I feel so very fortunate and promise to live every day gracefully.

I am going to stick around on Jo's and make regular donations/ fundraising as it has been a godsend for me.

I will not be returning my designer shoes

x

Thats great news Suzysooz! Just in time for weekend celebrations!

Thanks Fiona, sorry you are having to wait so long x

Fantastic news Suzy  xx

Thanks Michelle,

Looking forward to hearing you had a clear MRI and that you are all well too

x

With a little bit of encouragement I've called the hospital today too (slapped wrists!) and am pleased to report that my LLETZ got all of the nasty cells :)

They confirmed it was CIN3 as expected from my smear, and that the LLETZ was successful in getting rid of it all.  I have to go back for a check in 6 months time.

xx

Yay! Super Happy for you Exerciseaholic, you have been a star. I think the moral of the story here is... Make the call, even if you think you will be bothering them.

x