The results are in

Hello ladies,

I first want to start off by saying you all have been an amazing support network for me over the last few weeks, I don’t know how I would of got through it if it wasn’t for reading all your comments and posts.

I had my first smear 8/2/16 aged 24.5, the results came back High Grade Dyskaryosis, I freaked out BIG STYLE. I got a referral the next day for the colposcopy clinic for the the following week. The doctor there was lovely, he put my mind at ease before he had a look. Once he had a look he decided he needed to do the LLETZ treatment there and then as he said it looked like severe CIN3, I wasn’t expecting it at all but the treatment itself wasn’t bad at all I couldn’t even feel the needle for the anaesthetic. However I didn’t have a normal recovery, 2 weeks after I was filling a pad every 15 mins so was put on tablets to stop the clots dissolving and help my recovery and that really helped.

Yesterday I got my letter after an agonising 3 weeks and 2 days…the results confirmed it was CIN3 but they got it all!!! Got to go for a follow up in 6 months so going to put it to the back of my mind until then and get on with life.

I was over the moon to say the least, I just wanted to share my story and hopefully give hope to just one person going through something similar. It doesn’t always have to be doom and gloom, easier said than done I know, but please don’t put it off I know it’s scary but it’s got to be done.

Thank you ladies

Aww Meggybear that's such great news to hear! I bet you're over the moon. Thank you for sharing your story :-) 

All the best chicken X 

Hi Meggybear that is fantastic news best wishes for the future xx

great news :)

Great news! Love a good news story x x