The results are in.....

just wanted to give you all an update!! my story so far:

nov 2013: routine smear....

dec 2013 : colposcopy - told high grade pre cancerous cell changes (cin 3) n unable to remove area as too widespread N near the vaginal walls.....

jan 2014: LLetz under general anaesthetic as a day case - advised by Dr that he would be removing the whole covering of my cervix and going about 1cm deep.... told no sex, tampons or swimming for 6 weeks and that I may bleed for up to 6 weeks. I felt really well after and went back to work within a few days....

i rang last week and was told my results were back but needed Dr to report on.... Secretary said she'd print the report n give it to the dr.... But I should get a letter in the post....

phoned today (cos the wait was driving me mad!!) .... Colposcopy Nurse called me back n told me that my case was discussed at the multidisciplinary meeting today and it was confirmed that I have high grade changes to both types of cells on my cervix (Cin 3 and cgin3) but my sample was cancer free :0) 

I'm due for a colposcopy and two types of smear in 6 months time..... But for now I am happy and healthy.... 

Happy weekend to all the lovely ladies out there x x x

excellent news xx

Ffab news Helen :) xxx 

Way to go! What is your age? I am 54. Just had a leep.

I'm 33. Been really good at attending for my smears, n I'm so glad I did now!!! X