The Great Fear

Hi,

I am lying in bed feeling very sorry for myself. I have just had a loop (instead of cone as planned), and have pretty much been told it's cancer. My consultant has been great and is trying to rush everything through for me, so next week I will probably have an MRI and a ct scan, after another blood test for kidney function. 

I am looking for any advice or even own experiences that anyone can share. Is it normal for everything to be rushed? I know I will need a hysterectomy, but how long is that likely to be? Any tips on looking after myself post lletz? I wasn't really given any advice from the hospital other than no tampons or sex for 4 weeks.(like I want anything up there!)

i cannot believe this is happening to me. I'm sure we all feel like that. I am so scared the cancer will have spread.

please help, any response will be greatly appreciated.

Mollz

Hi Mollz

So so sorry you are going through this.  Its a very scary time but you will start to feel a bit better when treatment has started.  I had my MRI a week after I was told I had CC then the hysterectomy was a month after that though I had to wait longer as the consultant had gone on 2 weeks holiday!

Yes, we all feel like that to start with.  Luckily my cancer hadn't spread so fingers crossed yours hasn't too.

Regarding looking after yourself post lletz its just a case of pain killers if you need them and panty liners for any discharge.  Just keep an eye on the discharge to make sure it doesn't get smelly as that can indicate an infection - but that doesn't happen very often so don't worry.

Its a tough time but you will get through it.  It's been almost a year since I had my hysterectomy and I'm fine.  Please don't hesitate to pm me if you have any questions. You'll get lots of support from this site which really helps and makes you feel that you are not alone in going through this.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Thank you again Cheryl. Xxxxxxxx

Hi Mollz,

So sorry you are having a scary time. Being rushed through is a GOOD thing as it gives the cancer less opportunity to spread. I would have thought that if your dorctors are working fast then it should mean that they don't think it has spread yet and that they want to give you the best possible chances of remaining well for a very long time.

I am now almost three years into this journey and am still fighting fit. If you need cheering up then have a look at my post "My Big Fat Greek Hysterctomy"

Good luck!

Tivoli