That time again....

Hi everyone

That time has come round again (far too quickly) for my yearly smear test. For my first test (2 years ago) I was borderline with HPV and last year I was CIN1 with HPV so I am dreading this time!

I have no idea what the likelihood is that they have progressed to CIN2 or CIN3 or worse or even if there is a good chance they have gone back to normal and the HPV has cleared itself. I am not sure if anyone has had any experience of this?

Thank you Laughing

Jan 13 - borderline with HPV

Feb 13 - colposcopy - no treatment

Feb 14 - mild dyskaryosis with HPV

Mar 14 - colposcopy - CIN1 with HPV

Dec 14 - diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and underactive thyroid

Jan 15 - smear test booked

I hope all goes well for you. I would be interested In hearing other experiences too as I also had CIN1 nearly a year ago and i have my follow up in 3 weeks time. Let us know how you get on, Keep smiling. X

Good luck Tilsley, iv got my check in april to see if they got rid of everything but in the mean time have been taking vitamin c and zinc and folic acid everyday to help my immune system and boost chances of getting clear result! Let us know how you get on xx

Hi

I think it can vary enormously from person to person. I understand that they prefer to monitor rather than treat low grade as its not the most pleasant day out and can give you an increased chance of pre term birth if you have not started/ completed your family. More often than not they say it can clear up by itself, which was not the case for me, but may be for you. Any boost you can give to your immune system has to be a bonus. The trouble is, anyone with borderline/ low grade changes which spontaneously resolved is unlikely to be posting here so it may give a false impression that it always gets worse. Which it doesn't by all accounts.

Fingers crossed it clears up and returns to normal for you without any need for treatment x

Thank you everyone for your comments and for your tips on the immune boosting vitamins :-)

i will let you know how I get on - fingers crossed!

wishing you all luck in your follow ups/recoveries :-) xx

Hi Tilsley,

Ugh! Going for tests is always a heart-in-the-mouth job isn't it! Good luck and keep us posted.

All the best

Tivoli