Thanks for supporting Nic219 - my amazing sister

Hello guys,

This is Nic219’s sister here.

I just wanted to let you guys know…

With great sadness my wonderful sister passed peacefully at home surrounded by her husband and her family after her 15 month long battle with cancer at just age 34.

She became very close with a number of people ok this forum and found it a great support - so I just wanted to let you all know as I can see from her account she’s had a lot of people asking for her.

Thanks so much for supporting her this last year. I know it meant the world to her.

Take care

13 Likes

Dear Nick’s sister,

I have only recently joined the forum and I did not know your sister. However I really want to thank you for posting and say how sorry I am to hear of the loss that you and your whole family (and hers) have experienced. No-one should have their life cut short at 34 from cancer. I’m so sorry it was a battle she was not able to win, although I’m sure her doctors did everything they could to make her better. Sometimes life isn’t fair. I’ve been through the full treatment for Stage 3 cervical cancer and my recent tests showed no evidence of disease. This may mean (I hope) that I have many more years to look forward to, but you can never be sure. I have already experienced 30 more years than your lovely sister did. I will endeavour to make the best of any and all the time I have, always grateful and mindful of those who, through fate and no fault of their own, have not had the chance to see their families grow up.

Your lovely brave sister will never be forgotten, and I hope you will hear from some of the people whose lives she touched during her time on the forum.

With my true sympathy,

Jackie

4 Likes

Hey lovely,
I am so sorry that you’ve lost your wonderful sister to this cruel disease. I didn’t know her well but I did see that no matter what she was going through she took the time to offer advice and help to others in such a kind and supportive way.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your sad news, much love to you and the rest of Nic’s family.
Massive hugs and loads of love,
Emma xxx

2 Likes

Hello Nic’s Sister,
This post is heart breaking to read. I had conversed with your lovely sister some time back when she was eagerly awaiting her first post-treatment scan, her diagnosis of recurrence and her difficulties with her kidney stent. She was convinced from early on that the news would not be good, she just knew! She was such a valuable member of the forum, never bitter or angry and always ready to be supportive to others in need. I’m so sorry that your beautiful sister was taken by this cruel disease and as hard as it is to hear, I just want to say thank you for letting us know. I hope your and your family are surrounded by lots of love and support as you try to come to terms with Nic’s passing.
Xx Maria

1 Like

Dear Nic’s sister.

I am heartbroken to hear this. I am so sorry for your loss, she was such a sweetheart .

Suzanne

1 Like

So sorry to hear this x