Thank You for your help .

Firstly a massive thankyou to Debbie at JCCT who we spoke to yesterday morning, after which the big black cloud was lifted and we both feel really positive about events to follow.

HTwo weeks ago I visited my GP having experienced regular bleeding between periods and during intercourse. Following an internal inspection she told me that she would refer me to the Hospital as urgent for follow up tests, and that I would be seen within ten days, but not to worry !! As promised, I was booked in to see the Oncologist at 10 a.m. last Friday. She was lovely and very reassuring, but said that I needed a Colposcopy, and she would book me in for a full scan, and also the bladder and bowel checks under GN. I was with my husband and in a total mess by now, and she kindly offered to phone through and see if they could fit me in for a Colposcopy while we were there. They managed to see me staight away, and again the staff were brilliant, and I had two samples removed for biopsy tests. I was advised that I would be contacted to return for the results within one week. Since my GP appt I have lost a stone, and have had sleepless nights, but I must say again that speaking to Debbie on your helpline was not only very informative, but massively reassuring. Thank you so much. I will keep you posted with the results. Diane B. x

Hi Diane, I just wanted to say hello and good luck with your results...The waiting is so so difficult but it looks like you won't have too long to wait so that's good. The ladies on the helpline really are fab, I've phoned twice whilst having a wobble and they did a great job at putting things into perspective for me and calming me down. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way :D x

Hi Vicky, thank you so much for your reply. At times like this it is so reassuring to know that their are others going through the same emotional termoil, and it's not the end of the world. Where are you on your journey ? and are you coping ok. Kind thoughts and regards, Diane x

Hi Vicky, thank you so much for your reply. At times like this it is so reassuring to know that their are others going through the same emotional termoil, and it's not the end of the world. Where are you on your journey ? and are you coping ok. Kind thoughts and regards, Diane x

Hi Diane, I had LLETZ treatment 4 weeks ago which i have had confirmed in a letter to have been CIN 2 changes and 'effectively' treated so will just need to go back for a 6 month check up. I couldn't handle the wait after 2 weeks any longer and literally begged to speak to the colposcopy nurse and received my results over the telephone. I feel incredibly lucky but it really is an experience that will stay with me but it has been made a lot more manageable having this website and the helpline to turn to. xx

Hi Vicky, that is excellent news, I am really pleased for you. Good luck and best wishes for a very happy and healthy future. Lovely to hear from you. Diane xx