Terrified

Ive had my smear back which says abnormal changes which require further investigation.  I have freaked out and rang the nurse who said I have high grade changes and so will need an examination and probably treatment.  My husband and I are trying for a baby,  can treatment increase chances of miscarriage?  I'm very confused.  My first smear showed abnormal,  leading to 6 monthly smears which came back normal and now this... I haven't stopped crying all morning.  Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi Sweetie,

Dont panic! you will need to have the treatment to remove high grade abnormal cells they will probably do it at your colposcopy appointment but it's nothing to worry about.

The treatment itself takes 10 minutes and will have no effect on any future pregnancy. You just have to have a check up smear 6 months after treatment to check they have all been removed andf then you can carry on trying for a baby.

I know what it feels like to recieve that letter but honestly you'll be fine xxx

Thank you so much for your kind words.  Really is appreciated.  Nurse freaked me out even more with all this medical talk that made no sense to me!  You really have put my mind at ease.  Thank you xx

No problem, i've been in your position and know how scary it can be.

If you have any questions about the treatment or anything please feel free to ask me xxx