Terrified and desperate

A

Also, and this is so sad as in upsetting but also tragic!, but I can't stop thinking about if I have to have the op I need to try to sleep with my ex one last time, but without telling him that as he would freak if he knew my problem I think; I just got so upset when I found out I had this cos stupidly what I thought about most was how I could never have the op as this was a man I really liked and I knew that that would ruin it, and then he disappeared for ages anyway so I felt really annoyed that I had wasted my energy even putting him into the equation; then I saw him again and he could tell I had bad anxiety but I couldn't tell him why so it just ruined it in the end anyway cos then when I didn't hear from him in a bit I told him I didn't want to see him any more. Now I am so sad and angry that I could have had those months with him and now if I have the op it will be too late; I know all that people have said about sex but these are people with understanding boyfriends so the situation is different; I know I sound like a raving lunatic but this situation has just made me so emotional and upset about everything! 

Oh for heaven's sake!

YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE!

It's like you are inside your house holding a burning stick wandering around trying to work out how much water damage would be caused if you called the fire brigade. Meanwhile the fire on the stick is getting ever closer to the hand holding it and hot burning bits are dropping off the other end setting fire to your carpet, your couch and your curtains.

Everyone here has been shouting to you through the open windows "GET RID OF THE STICK" and you are ignoring them.

If anyone wants me I'm sitting at the cafe opposite the fire station ready to dole out tea and sympathy as and when that becomes necessary but I cannot stand to watch this performance any longer.

Be lucky

Tivoli 

Hi. I think you are making yourself more anxious as you keep reffering to it as an operation. It is no way an operation at all....barely more painful than a smear test. And yes, like what the other user said, I would rather that then the dentist! A 'procedure' is what I would call it, and what I told my (male) boss I was having, in order to excuse myself from a half day at the office. I see some people took a few days off, but I dont know why. Would you take a few days off after going to the dentist? Trust me, there is nothing to worry about. Well, obviously the results are (I am waiting for mine), but you should not worry about the actual procedure (not operation!).