Symptoms

After my smear i had to see the doctor from what my cervix looked like. My doctor has checked me and she says she can feel something and see something on my cervix that causes her concern and I bleed during and after intercourse, between periods. I have pain during intercourse and after, I have pain between, I have lower back pain, I have discharge (have all other checks to be certain it's nothing else) I am constantly urinating and have lately been bleeding from my bottom and I also have depression at the moment. I am very worried, my doctor has referee me for an emergency appointment with gynaecology, what will happen next? How long will it take to know what is going on? Has anyone else had this?

Hi Jadey, I have not had this, no, but appointments come round really quickly for this kind of thing.

I know its easier said than done, but try not to panic, as this will only make you feel worse.

The plus side is that they have spotted something and you are on the right track to getting it sorted.

I have everything crossed for you and I hope this soon passes xxx

Hey there, 

Emergency appointment referrals to see a gynaecologist usually happen within 2 weeks if you are in the UK, this is part of an official guideline. Specifically; the referral will be made immediately, you'll probably get a confirmation/appointment letter within the first week, and it will confirm your appointment date within approximately 14 days or thereabouts) of the referral being made. 

It's a wait that feels like an age (believe me I know!) but hang on in there. You are already a big step closer to getting this sorted out now.