Symptoms please help

hi

im a 2a lady starting treatment next week

i posted a few days ago about bleeding a lot and today was quite bad with little clots etc.  I called my consultant and cns both of whom are on hol and on advice of McMillan helpline went to GP

just back from the most horrendous GP appointment where she tried three times to put speculum in and failed.  She asked if i always smelled which made me feel great and eventually suggested I may have an infection.  I'm now in bits as I had assumed a bit of bleeding and smelly discharge was normal for cc now I'm worried it's not and something else is wrong.

I obviously got upset at the smelly blood bath and unsympathetic gp and started crying she then told me I need to calm down and offering me tablets.  She didn't seem to realise her lack of compassion and making me worry had got me upset.

I was then asked to swab myself and given antibiotics, however I've asked her to contact my consultant to see if taking them will help and is ok.

can anyone reassure me about symptoms and about what is going on as I'm pretty upset.

plus my faith in doctors is slowly crumbling 

kimmy

Hi Kimmy, 

It sounds like you're going through something similar to me.  I'm 1B1 and was due to start chemoradiation Mon 10th Aug, however I've had excessive bleeding and after a hospital admission this week due to it they've pulled my treatment forward to now start Mon 3rd.  What tablets have been given?  I'm taking tranexamic acid to try and help.  But I've been told that as its my tumour that's bleeding that the treatment is ultimately the thing that will slow it down and then prevent the bleeding.  Do you have a number for your consultant or their secretary?  If so I would try calling them yourself to see what they say.  

Sarah xxx 

Hi Kimmy, 

It sounds like you're going through something similar to me.  I'm 1B1 and was due to start chemoradiation Mon 10th Aug, however I've had excessive bleeding and after a hospital admission this week due to it they've pulled my treatment forward to now start Mon 3rd.  What tablets have been given?  I'm taking tranexamic acid to try and help.  But I've been told that as its my tumour that's bleeding that the treatment is ultimately the thing that will slow it down and then prevent the bleeding.  Do you have a number for your consultant or their secretary?  If so I would try calling them yourself to see what they say.  

Sarah xxx 

Hi Kimmy,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days. Just wanted to send you huge hugs and wish you well for your treatment. :-)

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli