Suspicious MRI

So 2 years ago I had stage 3 cancer, I had 5 weeks radiotherapy, chemotherapy and brachytherapy with a complete response to treatment!

18 months later here I am with a suspicious mri finding a small mass on my cervix lip. Could it be scaring or post radiotherapy.
I’m waiting on my consultant getting back to me to know my next move.

If Infact the cancer is back, has anyone else had this happen to them??
I have 2 small kids that need their mum I’m just really struggling to stay strong! X

So sorry you are in this position.

First of all chances are that it is in fact scar tissue, I’ve had scans come up suspicious and it turned out to be just scarring.

Of in the worst case scenario it is cancer and confined to the cervix there are still curative options , try to focus on that.

Sending you much love :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply!

I’m trying to stay positive but it can sometimes just be too much!

I think I’m getting referred for biopsy on the mass on my cervix so will know more then.
I think I just panicked when I was told I would be able to receive anymore radiotherapy.
She did say that the mass is confined to the cervix tho so surgery may be an option I just don’t know. Can’t believe I’m back here again :sob::sob: x

1 Like

Ahw I feel for you, it must feel so scary :worried:

Absolutely terrified! I just wondered if suspicious cells after treatment was a common thing. Praying the biopsy doesn’t suggest a relapse. X

1 Like

Hi Hayley

I’m sorry you find yourself in this position-I know how awful it is. I had a complete response to treatment for stage 2b, but 9 months later it was back and I had a tiny mass again confirmed as cancer by biopsy. You’ll need to wait for the biopsy, and it could be scarring, but if it’s cancer there are still options. x

1 Like

Oh really? If you don’t mind me asking what treatment did u have following ur recurrence?? Hope ur doing ok. It’s the fear of the unknown isn’t it? Xx

My cancer was still confined to my pelvis so I was luckily able to have a total pelvic exenteration. Massive, scary surgery, and life changing…but life saving. It was 2 years ago and I’m doing fine thanks. But I remember how awful it was when I was in your position and I didn’t know anything for sure. x

1 Like

I once had a suspicious MRI and had to have a PET scan as doctor thought might be a recurrence, but it turned out to be nothing. It did send my mind in a tailspin, though.

I’m currently waiting for a gynae appointment following suspicious symptoms, I also have two small kids and it’s torture thinking about it from that perspective, isn’t it.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you’re doing well after surgery…

Oh thank you it does I feel like I’m living in a panic attack my chest is tight. I can’t sleep, eat and struggling to function can’t believe I’m back here again. I’ve honestly never felt better leading upto my MRI. Such a scary thought x

1 Like

I get that completely. I had no symptoms and felt really well, so it was a total shock. My consultant saw something tiny at my regular check up, thought it was maybe scar tissue, but organised an mri and biopsy to check. I’m so glad he had good eyesight, because otherwise I would never have known. x

Hi Hayley I have been in your position so understand how you are feeling, I too had young children. Unfortunately mine did end up being a recurrence so I had a total pelvic exenteration, major life changing surgery but without it I wouldn’t be here. That was nearly 16 years ago and I am fit and well, if it turns out to be recurrence you can still be cured. Fingers crossed yours isn’t a recurrence, good luck xx

5 Likes

Hey ladies. Posted a few week ago.

So I had a suspicious mri a couple weeks back. 18months clear from stage 3.

I’ve got hospital tomorrow for a biopsy where I’ll be put to sleep and they’re also applying cameras and having a look around to see what’s happening.

Has anyone else went through this???

Aknow recurrance is a possibility but is there anyone else had anything else come from a suspicious scan?

Hi Hayley,

How horrible and scary for you - I think better that you’re asleep whilst they take a good look. We will keep everything crossed for you that it’s something benign. It’s what we all dread, but there could be other reasons for a suspicious scan, such as fluid or scar tissue. Try not to overthink it at the moment - see what comes up, then you will be able to discuss options if it’s a problem. Thinking of you tomorrow. X

1 Like

Thank you appreciate your reply!

They managed to get biopsy on Friday, procedure went well and I was home for dinner time. Was in for a CT scan today just the waiting game now.

Xx

2 Likes

Today got the news that I’m cancer free … biopsy was clear of any cancer! Still in shock but absolutely delighted :grinning: xxx

8 Likes

Hayley thats fantastic news so pleased things turned out well.

Get back to enjoying life :green_heart:

1 Like

Wonderful news, Hayley! You know too that there have been thorough investigations, so this is really reliable news! So happy for you! Celebrations are in order! Xx :tada:

2 Likes

Amazing news!!! :heart:

1 Like

I’m so relieved and happy for you. :two_hearts::tada: