Surrogacy experience?

Hi ladies,

So as some of you may have experienced treatment robs you of your fertility. I am 32 and never had children. Luckily I got my eggs frozen few months back. I think when you are going through treatment etc everything is so overwhelming I’m finding now it’s the waiting game I’m dealing with the loss and emotions of my fertility which I’m finding extremely sad and hard.

I am in a serious relationship and we both want children but unfortunately my partner isn’t too keen on adoption (which is another story I think he’s being very closed minded) so iv been doing all my research on surrogacy. I’m not in a position now to do this but I think it’s good to be prepared for the future. However the research out there is not very informative and mostly American where I live in the U.K. Looks like cost wise it’s £20k in total! I can’t imagine getting my hands on that amount of money.

I would be really interested in hearing from women that have or going through this experience that could kindly shed some light on the matter? It’s making me feel really down about my future and not being able to have a family…

Xxx

Hi,

in so sorry you have had to go through this life changing experience. I don't really have any information for you but I wanted to check in and tell you that I know exactly how you feel. I was treated for stage 2b cervical cancer at the start of this year and was given the same treatment as you. I am now in the clear but I am 26 and me and my partner have no children . Cervical cancer also took my fertility away from me which has devastated me and my partner. We do have 6 frozen embryos and

like you have been told we need about £20,000 for surrogacy! A figure we can't even imagine to have. It's so difficult and I get down about my future every day. Especially when everyone around me is having babies/getting pregnant. I guess I just wanted to let you know I know how you feel and you are not alone. It bloody sucks!xxx

I'm so sorry for heard that. Well is you try the IUI or IVF treatment?