Still worried

I had my colposcopy and Lletz a month ago and I still have no idea of the initial findings from the smear, all I have received was the letter informing me

of abnormal'

I still have no idea what I've been treated for and I'm worried sick - I see the consultant for a follow up appt that was booked after my lletz at which I was told should I receive news in the post that no further treatment or appts were necessary, to cancel - I'm no worried more than before as it's 2 days away and I've no idea what I might be facing :-( can someone help me please?!

Hi Rebecca

Didn't want to read and run as you are obviously very worried.  The waiting for results is an awful time, everyone says the same.  When I had my colposcopy I had a telephone call about 10 days later saying the consultant wanted to see me which was when I was told I had CC.

The fact that its been a month and you haven't heard anything sounds like its not bad news so try not to worry too much. Easier said than done I know but in my experience Its not normally left this long to tell someone if they have found something bad.

Let me know how you get on.

Hugs, Cheryl, xx