Can anyone help as Im a little confused, I had a smear in Jan which showed up as Servere Dyskaryosis, I was sent for a colop straight away, however the gyne couldn't do the proceedure there and then even though it was an extensive area as she said it was too close to my vaginal wall (im assuming she meant the Leetz). So she just took 2 punch biopsies, and said if the result confirmed the smear results then I would need treatment under GA.
My results are now in and have confirmed CIN 3. So I now need to wait for a date for my proceedure again assuming its the Leetz under GA which is fine, but what I want to confirm is that if it was C would that have been picked up on my punch biopsy? or have I got to go through more weeks of waiting for the results of my Leetz proceedure.
I feel so desperately unhappy as I really am a bit confused with this all, one minute I feel really positive and the next worried about it all.
Im having a terrible time trying to concentrate at work, Im a full time working mum with a 2 yr old and a 8 year old and I am in the middle of interviews for a new job, but dont want to do anything silly like change jobs if theres any likelyhood of future ops/time off in the near future.
Sorry to sound so dramatic, I know there are many people in far worse situations than Im in, but Im so confused that Im finding it hard to put anything into perspective.
Any advice will be sooo appreciated xxx
Smear Jan 13 - Severe Dyskaryosis, Feb 13 Colp, extensive acetowhite area to close to vaginal wall for proceedure, biopsy taken. March 13 CIN3 confirmed awaiting Lletz under GA