Starting treatment today

Hello, 

I am so sorry to hear your story... it's real shame they couldn't find it earlier because time is so precious when you are dealing with cancer...:((((( 

Yes it's amazing how many supportive people are around! Every single woman on here is very strong and is a fighter! I wish you all the best with your treatment I hope it all goes ok! Please never give up and stay positive and let us know how everything is going for you! Sending you big hugs! xxxx

Aleks86

so sorry I missed your reply!

how did it go? Did you decide to do the trial? I've had a ct scan this morning which was ok. My youngest is 3 on Sunday and I'm determined to beat this for my family and 2 girls. It's a scary ride but we can do this x

Hi. I was diagnosed with 4a despite being up to date with my smears. I'd also been going to the gp with bleeding and pain. Got sent for am ultrasound which showed fibroid. Only small so not worth doing about.  I left it about 9 months but then was fed up of the bleeding so went back to the dr. Got sent for another ultrasound.  I'd not drank enough water so I had a transvagainal scan instead which picked up a thickening to the lining of Mt womb so I was referred to a gynaecologist.  

I do feel that the gp should have referred me earlier,  especially as she tried a smear but I just bled everywhere.  

Anyway,  fast forward nearly 18 months and I've had 4 scams showing no evidence of disease x 

Ah that's amazing news! It inspires me so much to hear from people like you. Did you do the interlace trial?

did you make changes to your diet? I've read berries, brocolli, green tea, foods bright in colour are all helpful. And lots of water. 

The practice manager at my Drs called me ungratefu! They were horrible to me. I knew there was something wrong, I think they just thought I was being a nuisance!

would love to hear any advice or tips you have for us just starting our journeys x

Hello all you lovely ladies

this is such an inspiring post that seems to show so much support and positivity. Well done all you ladies.  As phillipea has also chimed in to tell you all that this cancer can be beat. its a very manageable treatment and you all can get through it!! 

:)

Lolli888

do you have any tips or advice for us women who are about to go through treatment?

Hi Aleks,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your first week done and dusted! How are you actually feeling so far? xxx

ive called the hospital today and my oncology appt isn't until 7th June. More waiting..

im so worried with being diagnosed as 3b that it's just growing whilst I'm waiting. trying so hard to stay positive but every day seems like  lifetime.

Hi. I just had the standard treatment.  Just because it's more advanced doesn't mean it's a more drastic treatment - it's just a bigger area.

No I didn't change my diet until after treatment and I've been trying to eat more healthily since by including all the things you've said into my diet. Don't know if it helps but at least I feel I'm doing something.

If you click on my name you can see all the posts I've written. I did a daily diary type thing all throughout my treatment which started Jan 4th 2016. It's called finally started treatment.  A lot of ladies messaged me to say that it was a help to them. 

In reply to one of your previous comments abouto your tumour growing while you wait - apparently it won't x 

Thank you, I will definately have a look.

im trying so hard to stay positive but it seems such a scary and daunting road ahead.

your words are much appreciated

x

Hello all the brave and incredibly strong ladies!!! I'm very sorry seems like I'm having trouble with this forum. Every time I'm trying to post something it comes up with an error...:(((

Thank you all for your comments! It's really nice to be back and read your replies or just about the way you feel! 

I'm not going to lie it's been a hard week for me... but I'm glad it's only 4 weeks closer now to bitting this! Feels like I just wanna sleep all the time... appetite isn't great either but I'm trying to eat as much as I can because it is incredible important! And I drink lots of water to keep me well hydrated...

It's harder for me because I'm a single mum and all my family lives abroad... My little girl is 14 months old... she is in the nursery full-time during the week... then in the evening when I pick her up it's almost bed time for her... but she requires a lot of energy which seems i haven't got much...:(((( 

wondering if here's anyone on very similar situation and how mummies are coping going through treatment... 

I send everyone lots of love and hugs! Keep going everyone! Keep posting! Stay as well as you can! Everything gonna be alright!❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Hi Aleks...  What an incredible strong lady you are.. To be going through this treatment with a little lady on your own.. I've not started treatment yet and I'm scarred as hell.. I'm a mummy but but my babies are big and can sort themselves out.... just reading your post has given me so much strength and makes me realise that we are all in this together and we are all very strong ladies.. Sending loves and hugs to you.. And hope week 2 goes well... Keep me posted xxx 

hiya!

how long was each radiotherapy session. I am also staged as 3b.

glad you got through it, I have a little one who is 3 tomorrow.

did you not opt for the trial? I have an oncology appt on the 7th to discuss my treatment and I'm torn on what to do.

x

hiya!

how long was each radiotherapy session. I am also staged as 3b.

glad you got through it, I have a little one who is 3 tomorrow.

did you not opt for the trial? I have an oncology appt on the 7th to discuss my treatment and I'm torn on what to do.

x

Wow Aleks, you really do have it tough bless you, sending a massive virtual hug...I can't really offer much advice because my kids are grown up and in theory should be able to help me (not that I've actually told them that I've got cancer yet, there always seems to be an excuse to protect them from it...I'm even thinking of trying to get through the first week without saying anything because dylan has his final exam on June 7th (3rd year uni and his marks so far have left him sitting on the grade boundary between a 2:1 and a first so I don't want to wreck his chances!) and on the 10th he flies to ayia napa for a week (which is obviously going to keep me extra stressed worrying about him!)...if I can't tell him its not fair to tell my daughter who will take the news far worse but will help me)...I think we put extra stress on ourselves as mums naturally, like it's part of the job! I bet you're making sure she's immaculate and is well fed etc when it doesn't matter if her clothes are creased or living off cocopops for 5 weeks like I'm now planning on doing! What I'm to trying to say is, try and eliminate any extra jobs that really aren't necessary in the grand scheme of things...become a slummy mummy for 5 weeks, it really won't do her any harm! Also, have you been able to take paid time off work so you can sleep while she's in nursery or find out if there's a childminder that does nights in your area? I remember how tight finances were when mine were little, something like this would have tipped us over the edge but I know where I live there is funding to pay for extra childcare costs through the family information service for circumstances like yours so it could be worth asking around xxxxx

Hi

i can't seem to see your posts when I click on your name?x

Aleks, 

wow, amzing lady! it must be incredibly hard with a little one on your own. 
sorry i can't offer any advice as i don't have any little cherubs of my own, however a family i used to work with was a lady who had breast cancer and had 2 littlies around a similar age, and she was able to get free support from Home start. A home start volunteer used to go around at mealtimes/bedtimes for an hour or so when the kids were needing the most attention and was just around to help out if she needed it. It's not for everyone but just to let you know there may be something like that which could be helpful? You can self refer to them or go via your local children's centre if you have one near you?

keep it up lovely! we can all do this <3

Hello I'm not having much luck with this forum. It doesn't let me post things.:((((((

Seems like it doesn't let me post long replies only short ones...:((((