Starting my treatment journey on Monday

Glad you are managing well :) just wanted to comment on the menopause bit.... i am 28 and only just over a week in. I normaly sleep fully clothed i love being warm, im sleeping with nothing on, just a sheet and the windows wide open!! the sweats are bad for me!

Keep being strong, you are doing this xx

Yes, I'm wearing less and less every night and getting hotter....small price to pay.

Still eating my normal diet and doing normal life but having a couple of niggles in my tum which just feel like wind.

2 weeks down....4 to go

Take care everyone

Px

Hi Pauline that is great news your treatment is going well. I hope it continues and you make a full recovery. I start my treatment on the 7th it was put back a waek. I noticed on my list my first week i am not having Chemo i dont know why or maybe its a mistake. I will be having days were i will have double Radiotherapy one in the morning then back in the evening for another one to make up for Bank Holidays. My treatment plan is a bit all over the place did you have chemo your first week? sending you hugs xx

The sweats don'tleave your ferlang nice.  I'm waking up feeling grubby every morning and need a shower despite having one every night.

Still I can think of worse things.

I'm starting to resume my normal diet and slowly reintroducing juices. I'm a right trumpet at the moment and have number 2s quite often. If it becomes a problem though I'll cut back. I've stopped the fybogel so I'm glad I can still go really!

Kumagill,  that's rubbish about your treatment and horrible that you have to have 2 sessions of radio in one day. Can you go home or is it too far?  I'm presuming that you won't be finished then till after easter?  

Once it's started though it's on the way to ending. 

Well that's me at the halfway point in all treatment and so far so good. Still eating my normal diet although I think my days of weetabix for breakfast is numbered as around 10 mins after eating it, I HAVE to RUN to toilet so thinking maybe now is the time to switch to cornflakes!!

Actually feeling  worried that treatment isn't working for me as have so little side effects plus I think they are taking extra pics almost everyday at radiotherapy and when I questioned why they just say it's to do with positioning.

Night sweats are in full swing most nights now and feeling very emotional about everything...trying to stay positive is hard some days.

Kumagill, you must be so frustrated with waiting....won't be long for you now. I had chemo on my first day and get it every Monday...3 down, 3 to go. 

Glad you are getting back to normal Philleepa....stay strong x

I've been following your posts Lozleypezz and glad you are doing better now.....lets smash it ladies

Keep well

Px

Glad you are doing as well as can be expected!! 

I seem to have extra images taken every other time!! They have told me positioning as well and so many treatments are numbered for extra images  

I actually fancied weetabix this morning... I think I will stay away from that. I've not changed anything with my diet yet 

hope all goes well this week xx

You two are doing amazing.  

I too worried that lack of side effects meant that the treatment wasn't working but at my first braccy the Dr said it was working very well. I guess it was after seeing the mri scan and actually putting the rods on the tumour.  I wish I knew for definite though.

I expect that the lack of side effects must mean that the treatment is targeting more bad cells and fewer good cells. I don't know for definite but I presume the side effects are caused by the good cells being damaged which is why they wear off after the good cells renew themselves.  As I say I'm not sure but it would make good sense.

Hi Pauline its great to hear you are doing so well and you are half way through your treatment. I have my Pre chemo assessment on Tuesday what does it involve? I have my Picc fitted next week ready for my treatment the following week. I hope i am ok after Chemo i am getting nervous the closer it gets but fingers crossed. I hope you have a good week this week to keep us posted lots of love xx

Hi kumagill. My pre chemo assessment was just the nurse showing me round the chemo ward so I knew what to expect. She gave me a little talk about what to eat and told me to take my temperature daily and weighed me. Nothing very interesting. Let us know how you went on x
I was able to drive myself back after chemo every week. I didn’t feel poorly at all after it, one or two little irritants but nothing to worry about.
Please don’t be nervous, the treatment itself doesn’t hurt and you may not get any of the side effects or they could be as mild as mine and some of the other lucky ladies on here. Focus on the positive.
You’ll have to do a post on the picc line because I haven’t a clue what’s involved.
Let us know how you get on x

Hi Philleepa thanks for the advice and encouragement as always your words have so much comfort. They cancelled my appointment today as one of the Nurses is off sick all week I will have it on Monday before Radiotherapy. I think I am getting nervous as I am sensitive to medications, Injections and lotions & potions lol I will put a post on when I get the Picc fitted to help other ladies who need to have the same. How are you doing Philleepa? xx

It's like a comedy of errors for you isn't it kumagill!  Hopefully the picc line will help you and they will alter your medication to suit so you will be ok.

I'm feeling mostly good. Its my sisters birthday today so we have had tears on and off - it's the first one without her,  but she is out of pain so we take comfort in that. 

I felt a bit deflated before because I read on facebook that a lady I was talking to on a forum who started her treatment the same day as me has been told her tumour has gone. While I am really really pleased for her (I really am), I wish I was also told the same thing but I was just told my treatment was working well, not that it's gone. That probably sounds really silly but I am impatient for news. I can't move forward,  I can't plan until I have my results. Still, I have no choice. 

I went to a toddler group this morning and saw my colleagues which was lovely.  Everyone kept asking me what it was like not to work  to which my response was BORING. One of them said to me 'oh I'd love to swap places with you', I know she wasn't thinking and didn't mean any harm but...........

I didn't say anything to her cos I didn't want to upset her.

Hi Philleepa I am so sorry for you having to deal with CC after loosing your sister. like you i take comfort knowing our loved ones are not suffering any more. The special occasions like Birthdays, anniversaries & christmas and Mothers day can be really sad but also can be days of remembrance so we never forget the wonderful people we had in our lives.

Philleepa you should know by now doctors really dont give much away and their choice of words are clearly chosen carefully (something they are taught at medical shool) when i got the results of my PET scan my doctor said it was satisfactory it showed i had no other cancer in my body i think it was bloody fantastic Marvellous Brilliant super dooper lol We should write our own list and satisfactory and working well will definately not be on it. I know you are really happy for the lady on Facebook i bet it was a Junior doctor who told her her news because they are brilliant for getting infomation out off give me a junior doctor any day of the week lol last week i got more info out of the junior doctor in 2 minutes than i would out of a Consultant in 2 weeks. I really hope you get good news soon you deserve it. lots of love xxxx

Hi Pauline I hope you are well and your treatment going well with not too many side affects? I was told for over a year i was going through the Menapause so thought i was nearly through it to be told by the Consultant I still have it to come iIwas gutted lol The joys of being a woman do they give you anything for your night sweats? Pauline its great you are half way through your treatment not long now i am cheering you on xx

Hi All

Well thats me finished my fourth week of treatment....cant believe how quickly its going in. 

Got my tour of the brachy ward yesterday and thought it would make me feel less anxious...it didn't :( I think I'm actually dreading it more than ever now!

Still coping well with other treatments so far and wishing I could fast forward 2 weeks until end of treatment.

I'm still keeping up to date with everyone but do so mostly on my phone which stops me commenting as much but you are all doing great.....long may it continue

Take care

Px

Hi Pauline thats great you will be finished in 2 weeks it seems to have flown in. Im glad i am not getting a tour as i live so far away from the hospital so i will just be admitted the night before Brachytherapy. I will be staying in hospital 3 days my second lot as again i have to travel so they are giving me a double dose. I dont know if i want a double dose but at least i will be finished treatment a week early. Try not to worry after reading Philleepa's blog i am not as anxious I just hate the thoughts of lying still for hours on end. I will be thinking about you lots of hugs xx

Hi Pauline.  I'm glad that you are doing well. It's good to hear - it also gives people who haven't started treatment some reassurance that it may not be too bad.

My brachytherapy was absolutely fine. The way mine was administered may possibly be different to yours but however it's done it's important to know that you will get through it.  The majority of posts I've read have been how much easier people have found it to what they expected. 

I know what you mean about fast forwarding time, may can't come soon enough for me X 

Hi Pauline I hope it all wells this week not long now the end is in sight wishing you all the best xx

How are you doing Pauline thinking about you xx

So...I'm finished my treatment!!!! Just having to play the waiting game now and totally dreading incase things haven't been successful!

My brachy went well. Well as well as 30 hours lying on your back can go lol I've got a little bit of discharge which I don't know if thats normal or not but will keep an eye on it and occasionally at the end of going to the toilet, I have a wee nippy sensation but then I just drink some more water and it usually sorts itself out thankfully.

I also get a really sore, trapped wind, tummy every morning and have to "go" urgently. But again once this happens, I'm usally okay afterwards.

Can't wait to be able to eat fruit and veg and return to my juicing. I, like you Philleepa, feel as though I'm doing something worthwhile with my carrott, ginger and beetroots juices and really quite enjoy them.

Got my dialators and am absolutley dreading having to use them incase I bleed or pass a clot as this will make the worrying more intense but gotta do it I sppose.

Have you had your check up yet Philleepa? How can they tell if its been a success? Do the offer a scan, internal or do you know what it entails. My hospital didn't tell me anything at all about it other than it will be in 6 weeks!

Stay strong and positive ladies

Px

Yeah I am over the moon for you Pauline I have been thinking about you and hoping all was going well. Its great you can start doing normal things again as simple as eating fruit & Veg but means so much. You are a Champion I wish you all the best for a Fantastic future you deserve it lots of love xxxxxxx