So we start this journey

Hi Ladies.
Tomorrow is my first day of treatment out of 5 weeks. Will start with chemos on Mondays and rads for the rest of the week. Mixed feelings right now since I dont’t know what’s going to happen. I’m afraid of the side effects I could have plus the fear of the unknown.
I’m a positive person but sometime I find myself asking a lot of “ifs” and “why”.
Will update you throughout the days. Anyone else starting treatment tomorrow?

2 Likes

Hello my lovely! Tomorrow marks the start of you getting better! You may be one of the ones who have no to little effects. But if not your team will be there to help with meds and we’ll be here to share what worked for us.

Sending hugs xx

4 Likes

Hi sandy. I finished the same amount of chemoradiation you are getting last Sept. All clear since then. I must say the side effects were much less than I feared and treatment went in quickly. The anti sickness tablets worked really well for me. I was glad to get treatment started and the nursing team were just fantastic. Stay on this site and Mcmillan one too. I found being able to talk with other women going through same thing really helped with the emotional impact of diagnosis. We are here for you.

2 Likes

Hi @sandy74, I start treatment tomorrow to! Although my chemo days are a Tuesday but I’m doing the same as you 5 weeks, happy to be treatment buddies with you x
It is scary but I’m looking forward to ticking off the days on my calendar!
I have already had some chemo (am on a trial) and honestly the staff are generally so lovely, take a book or something with you, I also take a blanket as I like to snuggle while having it lol.
They are really good with anti sickness meds etc, just ask for help with any symptoms as they will be able to help you x
Wishing you good luck, we can do this xx

2 Likes

Thank you all xxxx Courage it’s the most thing that we need right now.

@Gizzy so we are starting together… let’s kick this dreaded thing out. We will surely have things to chat upon these coming days.

2 Likes

We will indeed! Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on and I’m more then happy to chat anytime you need xx

Hi @sandy74 just wanted to say I hope it went ok for you today xx

Hi girls

Day 1 done at dusted. Quite a long day but made it. Hopefully I get a good night rest.

At the moment no side effects, the only thing I have is a bloated tummy filled with water or that’s what I think.

On the whole it was a doable day.

@Gizzy good luck for tomorrow you’ll be in my prayers as well. I had to wait another 20min as my bladder wasn’t that much full and had to re try after 20 more mins to do rads

2 Likes

@sandy74 well done for getting your first day done :blush: hope the rest of the week goes well for you x
I had the opposite problem with radiation although they did it first time they did mention mine was a bit to full, hopefully we figure out how to get it right by the end of this!
Wishing you well xx

1 Like

Day 5 of week 1. Going for the rads. First week was doable except for the timing of my bladder as I don’t get it right each and every session I’ve been. Hopefully today will do it on the first chance. Getting on the couch and after a while they come to tell me that I’m not full enough is making me feel anxious.

Side effects till today tired in the evening. And I sleep a lot

1 Like

Bravo sandy! Are you working throughout it? Hugs xx

At the moment I’m working from home but I think I could have managed at the office. Since this week we had a covid case at my office thought it’s better to work from home. Better be safe

1 Like

Good to know. I’ve just been diagnosed and just got my dream job but am still on probation. So am not looking forward to that conversation…as much as I know I can’t do anything about my situation. Xx Bloody cancer.

Well done @sandy74, 1 week down how great are you xx

I found a lot of help and reassurance in this forum when I was diagnosed. Here we have warriors who have been through this before us and help us newbies to have courage and fairh. Talking to someone who has been through it or being in the same position as us is very helpful.

And don’t google anything!!!

I just finished last week and while there were rough moments, nothing was as bad as what I imagined ahead of time. Tired at end of week, was only eating banana/plain pasta last couple of weeks to manage GI stuff. But even a few days off that daily nuclear-izing and I feel more like myself. And I continued to tell myself this was short term discomfort for what is hopefully a long rest of life cancer-free.

You will do just fine. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi i start mine on 20th june after 3 cycles if chemo that have worked very well at shrinking so i know how you feel as i am on intense chemo due to the aggressiveness of my small cell neuroendocrine cervix mass. It terrifys me but the alternative to not having it terrifys me more… Hope it goes well for you… Goodluck x

1 Like

Week 2 over.

But tiredness is taking over now. Every day after radiation I’m feeling exhausted and have to put myself in bed to sleep. Eating is ok but sometimes I feel full and can’t continue eating although still hungry. Hope it doesn’t get worse. Any tips and tricks maybe??

Still doable sisters and hopefully will get better.

1 Like

Well done @sandy74 i keep eating just as and when I fancy something, I eat a lot of ice lollies etc as that seems to help me.
I get the tiredness and I think the only reason I have any energy is courtesy of the transfusions earlier this week! I have my sister staying to help look after my toddler while hubby is working because I don’t think I could deal with him full time!
Sleep when you want and do whatever works for you, we are both getting there and should be very proud of ourselves x wishing you a lovely weekend xx

So glad your journeys are going well… I started on the 23rd May as well.

The fatigue is my biggest side effect - rt drains me but I make sure to nap afterwards.

I think it’s also emotionally exhausting- life is slightly on hold for a few weeks and we are ‘living’ for our treatment appt.

I wasn’t able to have my chemo today (Monday) as I had a spike in temperature but have had some antibiotics and then went for my rt.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in your treatment and recovery! :heart:

2 Likes