Smear tests

Hello ? 

Beginning of 2020 I had my smear test, my results came in and I was advised I had to come back for a 2nd test a year later. Beginning of this year, 2021 I have my 2nd smear my results came back that I had HPV, again I'm to wait another year to have another smear which I believe is to check there are no changes. 

It is constantly on my mind and I'm worried about it. Has anyone else have a smear 3 years in a row and everything ok? Do a lot of people have so many in a row? The nurse who did my smear was absolutely lovely and said it was nothing to worry about but I just cannot relax or forget about it.

I brought it up in conversation with my friends the other day and their reaction didn't make me feel any better about it and we isn't discuss anything further. 

many information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Laura,

If you use the search option on this forum you will find lots of women who have had similar experiences and been okay.

It is wonderful that they are keeping such a close eye on you which means if you ever have any cell changes they will spot them really early. And the majority of abnormal cell changes do not turn to cancer x

Hi Lauraf 

I had 4 smears 1 year apart from each other as I tested positive for HPV on all of them. My 2020 smear showed cell changes, I had a colposcopy but they didn't seem worried. This April, I had yet another colposcopy and the amazing nurse I had, said she could tell if my changes were enough to warrant treatment but to be sure she took two biopsy's. 
They came back CIN 3 positive less than a fortnight ago and tomorrow I have my first Lletz treatment. 

when the doctors don't seem concerned all we can do is trust them. It's so difficult I know!! 
voice your concerns to them though and remember that everyone is so different. Some times HPV will still clear up after having it for years. 
try to remain positive and level headed about it, the good thing is, your having regular checks, there fore if anything were to happen you would be able to be treated straight away. 

I hope that helps? 
take care xx