Smear test was Positive HPV Test but no abnormal cells but colposcopy showed cell changes and inflammation

The last 2 smear tests (yearly) were HpV positive but showed no abnormal cells but because of 2 consecutive positive HPV tests I was referred for a colposcopy. The colposcopy nurse said that I had cell changes and inflammation and took a biopsy. I wanted to ask her how much the cells had changed but it was Christmas Eve and I didn’t want to spoil my Christmas so I didn’t ask. She gave me a letter with the consultants name to follow up in 6 weeks in case I didn’t receive a letter. I looked him up and he is the chief consultant for gynaeoncology and now I’m going out of my mind with worry. Im peri menopausal / in menopause not quite sure and I’ve had lots of clots and bleeding after sex and I went to see the nurse and she said it was probably my coil losing it’s hormones and nothing to worry about. Im worried that my smear tests may have been false negative and I’ve had these signs and they have been missed. Has anyone else been in this situation? I need to wait 4 weeks for the results. Thank you.

Hi i know this post was end of last year but what was the outcome as im dealing with the exact same?
Thank you x