smear results

would just like to ask has anybody else had a clear smear and clear results from an internal examination to be told 6 months later that i have stage 4 cervical cancer? i mean how could it have been missed so badly? 

laura

Sorry am very new to all this, just wishing you all the best, sending some good vibes & thoughts your way!!

Sorry, cant say ive heard of this. Mine were all clear smears for 15yrs then stage 1b, which I thought was bad...

X

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm so very new to this too. In 3 years I've gone from clear results to severe dyskariosis/CIN111 but, you're right, how could they have missed that? Sending you prayers xx

Hi i have just read your post. This can happen with cervical adenocarcinoma, where its higher in the cervix. Im so sorry your in that situation and send you hugs and best wishes x

Omg, I hope you are ok? Sending you hugs. I have read alot about adenocarcinoma also being missed as it tends to be more in the uterus area and not where they swab. Did they tell you wwhat you have exactly? I'm so very sorry this has happened to you, did you have any symptoms? Hugs x