Smear Results - Confused

Hi Everyone,

I've recently just received my results for my smear test which have come back saying 'borderline change' it was then tested for HPV and has come back positive. I have had no physical signs of the infection so taken a bit by surprise and I am now being sent for a colposcopy but no date confirmed.

Ive done some research and can see HPV is super common within sexually active people, but I'm unsure if I can continue to have sex with my partner. We are both really open with each other and I know he'll be supportive but not sure what it means for our relationship. 

I'm guessing from the colposcopy they will then be able to tell how severe but until then just a waiting game and should I refrain from sex?! Just finding all the info confusing and slightly panicking me (should never google haha) 

Any advice would be good :)

Thanks

Charlie x

I was told that I could continue to have sex with my partner. I'd ask your gp just to be on the safe side. 

It's impossible to know where you got HPV from. It could have been from your current partner, it could have been previous. It's likely that if you didn't get it from him he will have it by now. Sex can resume as normal but wear condoms unless told differently from dr/nurse 

No Sex for a month if you have LLETZ treatment though!