Smear refused to be tested

Hello,

I have been experiencing bleeding between my periods and after sex for over a year. I get lower back pain and pain during sex. I have recently had a demoid  cyst removed  which I thought was making me bleed, but it's been 4 months and my symptoms have returned. So I went to see my GP again who examined my cervix and said it didn't look right and booked me in for a smear. It's been 2 years since my last one. I had my smear which was quite painful and there was quite abit of blood. I waiting a week and was told by my GP that the lab refused to test my sample as it wasn't due! I. Can't believe that if a GP has seen reason for the test they can really do that. Has any one else had this problem. So I have been referred to a gynaecologist now. Appointment in 2 weeks. I am so scared as his has been happening for so long, I know something is wrong and thought it was all over once I had my cyst removed. Now my smear won't be tested I have to go another  2 weeks of not knowing. 

Hello love,

Sorry you've been through this, how stressful and you'll be feeling very let down. This is really common and very frustraing. It happened to me last year and I ended up having CC, I knew something wasn't right and asked for a smear. I was refused by the doctor twice due to not due for one, then when a different doctor agreed to take one, I got the same response from the lab as you did.

Sorry to say that there is no way of getting round this, which is one of the things Smear for a Smear is trying to change - a smear on demand. So I just apid to go private. BUPA On Demand will be about £150 and will fit you in almost the next day and you'll have your results back within 3 - 5 days. Also, it's a gynocologist consultnant who will do it too, so you know you're gettiing an examination from an expert in the field too. Well worth it and maybe the best £150 you'll ever spend.

Let us know how you get on, Lucy xx

thank you for taking the time to reply to me and for the advise. My appointment is at a BMI clinic so will see if I can get booked in for a smear private.

My first vaginal scan, I was told I had to wait 2 weeks.  Two weeks might be quick to them, but ti me it felt like a life time.  I paid to have it done privately, and it was done the next day.