smear after llezt

Hi i had my treetment for high grade 2nd of jan, i have been told i will need a smear test test in 6 weeks, from what iv read everyone has been having one 6 months after treetment is this anything to worry about dont understant why i need one so soon after treetment its only been a few days and so far not had any real problems apart from bad back ache and looking like im ready to have a baby lol has anyone else had smear so soon after there treetment bit confused thanks linda 

Hi I was told 6 months..One of margins was unclear so I asked can I have it done again and she said no cus cervix takes a while to heal..so would have my normal 6 months x

The norm seems to be six months, I too was told tht it takes that time for the cercix to heal enough for there to be enough cells to test and for the healing process not to skew the results. That said I have heard of women having them 3 months later if a close eye is needed but 6 WEEKS seems a little odd, have you had an appointment through or was it perhaps a slip of the tongue and they meant months not weeks?

Hi thanks for reply. not had letter yet as only been 6 days, yeah it could have been a slip up of the tougue. im sure she got it wrong because like you say it takes a while for the cervix to heal i was in no state to question her at the time lol 

Hi thanks for reply. not had letter yet as only been 6 days, yeah it could have been a slip up of the tougue. im sure she got it wrong because like you say it takes a while for the cervix to heal i was in no state to question her at the time lol 

Linda

hi thanks for reply she must have ment to say 6 months then was getting worried there x