Smear 3 months after birth - abnormal

Hi, I have just received the results of my first ever smear that took place 12 weeks after giving birth to my seconod child. The results have come back with high grade abnormalities and I have a colposcopy appointment a week today. I don't know what to do with myself. I never expected this especially with only being 26. My screening was delayed due to being pregnant... I really wish id managed to squeeze it in before hand. Can abnormalities be related to birth with it being only 12 weeks after? Also I was just coming off my period at the time of the period, can this impact the result? Really need someone to talk to :-( 

Hi I have just recently joined here as I am going through the same.

apparently it's nothing to do with having a baby as mine took place not long after giving birth and

when I Asked if having a baby recently had caused this I was told no. 

I have had the the colposcopy appointment which I got totally worked up over as I had no idea what to expect?

So if you are feeling worried I would speak to someone as I was an emotional wreck.

The actual colposcopy didn't hurt and the nurses were really nice

and they will put your mind at ease.

I have also been through more recently so if you want to know anything you can talk to me :)

Hi thanks for the response. I thought I'd asked as the nurse said my cervix looked a little red but that it was probably still recovering from birth. I've had no symptoms whatsoever so hoping that's a positive sign. Were your abnormalities high grade and did you have treatment? Thanks again :-) 

x

Well I was hoping it had something to do with having a baby Really, but I had low grade changes and when I went for

my colposcopy the nurse said my cervix looked normal and clear. She took 2 biopsys for precaution which I am glad she did

as when the results returned I had high grade changes cin2 :( 

I had to go back for Lletz treatment which was 2 weeks ago so no I am just waiting on results it's so stressful :-( 

Awww I'm sorry but glad you have had your treatment :-). Mine are high grade but reading on here that could be 2 or 3. I'm hoping they will be able to remove it there and then to speed up the process. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. I will be thinking of you. My partner always has a positive outlook and says the letter is promising

How is your baby doing? I'm hoping my gorgeous boys will help keep my mind off it all x

Well I was hoping it had something to do with having a baby Really, but I had low grade changes and when I went for

my colposcopy the nurse said my cervix looked normal and clear. She took 2 biopsys for precaution which I am glad she did

as when the results returned I had high grade changes cin2 :( 

I had to go back for Lletz treatment which was 2 weeks ago so no I am just waiting on results it's so stressful :-( 

Yeah well I suppose having the treatment is best really as then they are completely gone. Hope yours comes round f

fast keep me updated. I'm hoping to hear back in the next week or sooner. In a way it's nice to come on here and know you 

are not the only one going through this. Baby is fine, yeah they keep your mind off it which is good :-) hope yours are well x

And cin2 are still only abnormal cells and nothing more sinister for you so you should be able to relax a bit. I'm worried about getting told it's worse than pre cancerous cells. My colposcopy appointment is on weds. Feels very quick which in one hand is reassuring but the other makes me worry there's something seriously wrong. Got my txt for my appointment before my results letter!! My boys are good... Just cuddling my 3 month old while he sleeps. Looking into this makes you appreciate how precious these moments are x

aww try not to worry, I felt completely the same as soon as I got my letter I was booked in for the following week,

didnt really give me much time to think about it but all I can say is stay off Google! It just basically tells you the worse.

when I met the nurse I wish I could of spoke to her earlier as she was so nice and made me feel better the minute I sat down.

i can't help but get emotional when looking at my baby your so right these little moments matter the most!

it's a good thing in a way to have it sooner so you can put your mind at ease, my lletz wasn't due till middle of feb but I asked for it 

to be sooner as I couldn't sleep through thinking about it x x