Silver Nitrate treatment for ectropion

Hi all and sorry is this has been answered before 

I had colposcopy appointment on Friday (2 days ago) after being referred following bleeding after sex.  Good news in so far asnothinv suspicious but cervical ectropion confirmed.

The nurse treated it there and then with silver nitrate as they aren't offering any other treatment at the moment because of covid. She said I would have a few few days of bloody discharge and then back to normal. I've been bleeding what I think is quite heavily since Friday afternoon, varies from thick dark blood with bits of the silver nitrate and random bits of tissue in to fresh bright red blood. Not at all what I expected as she treated it like a very minor procedure. Just wondering what other experience was.  I had no biopsies and no other treatment just the silver nitrate so that why I'm surprised to have these effects.

Hi JessKB,

I'm 5 weeks post cauterisation (silver nitrate) for Ectropion so I understand your query. I think that sounds normal- it seems we are not told much about Ectropion and treatment! It is very likely the healing process beginning so don't fret. If you are concerned you should call the nurse back or your GP surgery to check.

I'm having some similar symptoms to before (odd heavy discharge, burning, irritation etc) and saw my Dr today who confirmed the area was still red and inflamed, so feeling a bit bummed out as I'm not sure what it means. More swabs taken then will go from there.

Hi, this is currently what I'm going through. I'm 3 days after silver nitrate, and I'm bleeding and passing bits of silver nitrate. Did yours turn out to be ok, did the bleeding stop on its own