Sick of hospital/screening service cock ups

I've been living with persisitent CIN for almost 5 years now, and I'm reaching the end of my tether with hospital/screening service cock ups. I was due my follow up after my 2nd treatment, only the hospital cancelled my appointment a couple of days before going. I was offered the choice of a hopsital many miles away and will have a difficult journey by public transport (there isn't anyone who can drive me) or waiting another 6 weeks to go to my local hopsital.

At the same time I've received a letter from the the screening service inviting me to go my GP surgery for a smear. Just as after my first treatment, they don't seem to know I've been treated. They've also failed to refer me for colposcopy when they should have done, and my GP had to do it instead which meant a delay. My new GP surgery is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

I accepted the far away hopsital, but now I'm thinking of just not bothering at all and telling them to remove me from the screening list. Living with CIN is bad enough, but fact every year there is a hospital and/or screening service cock up has made my life a nightmare. The screening service clearly doesn't know what it's doing, and I can't keep can't battling hopsitals to get appointments or chasing up why the screening service doesn't know I've been treated. If it happened once, fair enough these things can happen, but every year? Other women just get their appointments when they should and the screening service seems to know if they've had treatment. I'm exhausted and stressed about, and I've had enough. 

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you, recurrent problems are stressful and scary enough without these added problems but I urge you not to with draw from the screening system unless you are going to go private. Chin up

Debs x

Please please don't pull out of the screening programme. My hospital was able to recommend a couple of charities that provided hospital transport as part of their service. Do you have a MacMillan contact? Your gp sounds rubbish, can you change? It really is worth having a regular checkup. It could save your life. I understand how frustrating it is but you are important and much loved by lots of people, I'm sure!

Keep trying

Karen x

Hi love

I really feel for you, its hard enough going through the process anyway without everyone trying to make it more difficult. I would echo everyone else though, please please do not drop out of screening. Us ladies with CIN and recurrent CIN are always going to be at a higher risk of getting CC, so we do need to be kept on eye on. 

I have my check up smear tonight. I have a new GP's as I have moved and they seem much much better nicer than the last (hopefully anyway). BTW I also keep getting smear invites, had another reminder just before I left. They dont seem to know I have had treatment either and that I had a smear 6 blimmin months ago. Sigh

Anyway pm me if you need to talk 

xxxxxx

Thanks ladies for your replies, I really appreciate it. Saw the GP today for something unlreated and she was very firm on how important it was that I went to my appointment so I probably will go. 

Thanks again x