Sick leave over, return to work... Yikes!!!

It has been a hard tiring week. Just cannot do whT I was doing and my mind just seems to be fovgy still. Struggle to find words etc, senile dementia setting in early????? Thank u for kind words x

Thats the prob, I do feel like ive been away for ages as things juzt constant ly changinv in education and I seem to be so out of it. Also everyone trying to give me 3 months of information in a week. Melt down happened on thursday. It'll get better, im sure xxx thanks for message

Go easy on yourself. Its a massive step going back to work. Just let everything else go and concentrate on being as well rested as you can. I hope you have some support. Sending you a big hug brave girl. It will get better. X

Hi,

I've not been on Jo's for a while, but your story really rang a bell with me! I returned to my teaching job (probably too early) as I was being bullied by the head that if I didn't return the school might have to look to 'alternative arrangements'!! I did get my union involved and he did back down, but I felt that I had to return. I stuck it for a year, but I couldn't cope with the stress and the fatigue and felt that I was losing my confidence fast, especially as the head kept observing me and telling me that I was rubbish. ASt the start of the term I left (Autumn 2012), we got a lovely new head. I had already decided to leave, but we had an OFSTED that term which restored my faith and I was classified as 'Outstanding'. I now teach 1 day a week in year 5 and year 6, I do 1:1 work and PPG and am on zero hours contracts at two schools. All the schools I work in are sympathetic to my needs (PRD due to radiotherapy) and I am the happiest I have been for years!! I have a life! I have weekends...and holidays!!! No unending paperwork, no displays, no parents evenings, no staff meetings, no running INSET, no mentoring of young teachers, only 1 area to co-ordinate...need I go on??? Obviously money is tight, but I don't care! It was the best decision I ever made after nearly 30 years of teaching, and having had CC gave me the push to hand in my notice.

I hope that this has helped you in some way - it sounds a bit as if I'm gloating, but I'm really not!! As a teacher, I know how hard it is to work sensible hours and to accept that we ARE dispensable...your health and happiness MUST come first, and teaching is a ridiculous profession at the moment!!

Ceri xx