Should I keep putting it off?

First off I have been reading stories in this forum for quite sometime and you all are a great group of ladies with great advise.

I am 33 year old and have always had my paps when I was suppose too. I have never had an abnormal pap until this one. I had a pap in September of 2016 and was told I had an abnormal pap and hpv. I had to have a colposcopy and they took 3 biopsies and they came back as cin1 I was told to come back in a year. It has only been 7 months since my appointment and I am having long periods I spot everyday sometimes brown spotting and sometimes pink or even red. I keep making excuses as to why this is happening. I have an iud called the paraguard the one with no hormones. So I tend to blame everything on that. Sex hurts occasionally but nothing major just a pain here or there. I have been keeping a journal of the bleeding, I really didn’t realize I do it as much as I do till I wrote it down. Should I just wait till my appointment in September or call? Thank you ladies!

Hi there

As you say I am sure it is ok but definitely call to ease your mind. Otherwise it'll be on your mind until September anyway.

Good that they are keeping an eye on you and great that you've been keeping a diary, very sensible. That way you can give them a really good indication of the bleeding, how much, how regular etc. They are super efficient when it comes to this so sure they will do a thorough follow up.

So my advice is, take a deep breath call and book your appointment! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Rachel

x