Should I have stopped sex when I had my first abnormal result

Hello hopefully someone can help me , just got diagnosed hpv positive, I’m very worried and confused and it’s hard to get a straight forward answer.

If I had abnormal cells from my first smear test , should I have stopped having sex with my partner, it’s so unclear and I can’t get a straight forward answer.

Also the letter I received from the hospital said that they are looking at low risk cells , but am I still high risk being hpv positive?

I’ve been so stressed out since finding out how will I know that it’s cleared up and gone away , I’ve read sometimes hpv clears up it’s self and you don’t have it but also it clears up and lays dormant for years again.

Anyone could help and answer my questions I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Hello sorry that you are confused but HPV is a difficult one as doctors still not 100 % sure about certain issues. About stopping sex I will say no but use condoms that was the advice I had from my doctor. HPV high risk is what causes the cell changes this can be low or high classification CIN 1 CIN 2 and CIN 3. If you have 1 they wait and see if you clear it your inmune system may do that and in most cases it does if after a few years it has not they may treat it. If is CIN 2 they normally treat it. If is CIN 3 treatment always advised. Try and boost your inmune system to clear it. Don’t smoke if you do. I had to stop was difficult lol :laughing: but I did it. And yes HPV stays dormant in the body but the idea is that if you clear it your body should be able to clear it again but this is the bit doctors still unsure about. So I will say get the vaccine if you don’t have it yet and try and increase inmune system sex with condoms
Good luck :+1:t3: