Sex life

Hello, can someone please share how sex feels after lletz? Is it the same as before or it affects you somehow?
Thanks!

Never affected me in that way, and I’ve had two Lletz treatments x

Hi
I had a lletz for cgin and they removed quite a large area and i was fine after the 6 weeks :blush:

1 Like

All good for me after 1Lletz now going for 2 Lletz in a few days and hoping for same result, sex life just as good :laughing:

1 Like

Please going for my second LLETZ any difference in recovery with the 1 one?

1 Like

Ahh all the best to you! Well my sex life is currently non existent :joy: or just involves myself :see_no_evil:
No, you’re in for the same as the first Lletz, it was no different for me in terms of recovery. You’ll be grand I’m sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks that makes me feel better, had my first almost 3 years ago can’t believe back again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Such fun isn’t it :grimacing: I had mine four years apart actually, eight years later I’ve (touch wood) been alright since. :pray:

2 Likes

Are you negative for HPV now? Have not been able to get a negative result for about 4 years now :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well… I’m a weirdo. The first abnormal smear I had was way back in 2012, CIN3 showed up so had the treatment, but they didn’t test for HPV back in the dark ages :joy: I was one of the first cohort to have a test of cure six months afterwards which was all good.
Three years later, smear test was negative for abnormal cells (they still weren’t testing for HPV) but a year after that I went privately as I was bleeding tiny bit after sex. Everyone told me I was being a hypochondriac even the consultants. Biopsies (which I had to beg for) showed CIN2/3 :face_with_raised_eyebrow: so LLETZ again.
Since then I’ve had two smears both of which were negative for HPV, but I dunno if I’ve ever even had it?! I’ve been a bit worried as I’ve not had sex for several years now and that was one of the ways I could tell in the past that I had a problem :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Unless I did have HPV originally, and since the second treatment my body’s cleared it? Hopefully that will happen for you too!

Hello thanks for your reply, yes I am sure your body managed to get rid of the HPV after your 2 Lletz, really hoping that will happen for me also, tired of Colposcopy at this point :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Colposcopies are rubbish aren’t they. I’ll keep everything crossed for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: x

1 Like

Thanks for your replies, I meant does it affect the ability to orgasm and the way sex feels, the thought makes me go mad… and I’m really worried about that

2 Likes

Definitely same feeling than before, it just takes a bit of time to recover for me a couple of months but after that everything back to normal .

1 Like

Please don’t worry, sex felt no different to me in any way at all, orgasms still great x

1 Like

I’ve never orgasmed through penetration before or after, but clitoral stimulation and I’m all good :+1: :star_struck: not sure what others will say. It’s your pelvic floor and vaginal walls that contract I think when you, not sure the cervix is really too involved x

1 Like

:grimacing: has been 7-8 weeks since LLETZ +Top Hat and 6-7 weeks since hospital admission for haemorrhage, and both me and my partner are so scared of it that feels like we are avoiding it :laughing:

1 Like