sex after radical hystrectomy

Has anyone has problems with sex after radical hysterectomy I have been scared for years to go into a relationship as you know when they take your uterus they take third of your vagina too so I am scared that it will all feel different and stops me form moving on. Plus I now living with inoperable cancer and its gone to my bladder but I live in hope my immune system will be strong enough to keep me going and curing me. I would loved to know how others have got on in relationships. I have had no chemo or radiation x

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear what you've been through.

This is my first post on the forum. I was 35 years old when diagnosed with Adenoma Malignum of the cervix . On the 1/9/2015 I had a radical hysterectomy, 9 pelvic lymphnodes removed, 6 chemo sessions, about 30 radiotherapy sessions and 2 brachytherapy sessions.  I haven't had sex since : (

I have to use a dilator everyday to try and stretch my vagina and I just hate it, I cry and cry about it, I hate it so much. My gyno oncologist said it would probably take about 3 years before I could have sex again. It really depresses me, I hate what cancer has done to my body and to my sexual relationship with my husband. I too am wondering if there is anyone else out there who has been through something similar.

I feel like I'm never going to have sex again!!! I hope someone can shed some light on the situation.

Take care bubbly Lou Lou : ) x