Sex after radical hyst

Can anyone help?! Rad hys Oct last year. Not in a relationship so no sex since op. Tried recently - horrendous pain so had to stop. Pain so bad I was on really strong painkillers for a week. Needless to say, he didn’t stick around. Scared of attempting again. Only in late 20’s so don’t like to think this is it for me and relationships. Had no chemo/radio. What can I do. Tried ‘replens’ to help with dryness. Hated it - caused ridiculous type of discharge if you can call it that! I need to be ‘normal’ again. Any advice appreciated. I am scared of relationships now but after what Ive been through feel like I deserve to meet someone and some happiness.
:-((

Can I ask what sort of pain it was and where? I had a hysterectomy four months ago and had sex quite a few times with no problems, but it was always fairly gentle. Recently I had more 'vigorous' sex and ended up with severe abdominal pain the next day which lasted for a week and is still ongoing but a lot milder.

I certainly don't think you should be experiencing pain after a year, certainly not severe pain. It might be worth having a chat with your GP.