Sex After Letz

Hi, I have just had a colposcopy and I am awaiting my results. I have done a lot of reading into the Letz procedure, and noticed that there is no information (in official literature at least) on how the Letz procedure can affect a women’s sex life. The information focusses on having children (which I understand is important for a lot of women); but being someone who does not want children and values a healthy sex life, can anyone shine any light (positive or negative) about how they experience sex after the procedure?

Hello I shared your worries about sex after Lletz I had mine 1 and a half years ago and can honestly say sex feels exactly the same than before, I would advise not to rush back into it I think some women do and feel frustrated and scared because it has not finished healing completely and they start to overthink and develop a mind block towards sex. So definitely wait until you feel ready for me was 6 weeks and took it slow the first times after Lletz.
But definitely didn’t affect my sex life at all and is just as good Lol.
Take care .

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply and promising words. It really helps to hear positive stories and glad to hear everything was fine for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi - I just received my results and it’s CIN3, not the grade I had hoped for. Scheduled for Lletz 19th January. I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what grade of abnormal cells did you have removed? I’m freaking out that they’re gonna need to take a big chunk and I’ll never be the same again… I need to find my level head!

@S1535 hi!! I just had my results from my Lletz that I had on 28th November so I’m 3 and half weeks post Lletz - mine was cin3. My bleeding stopped a few days ago and I did the deed last night lol all was fine just took it slow and it felt the same so try not to worry and you will know when you are ready. I’ve felt it’s more the worry of it hurting or causing the ‘scab’ to come away if there even is a scab :woman_shrugging:t3: what even happens lol

Hope all goes well for you and like I say just listen to your body and you should know when you are ready to get back to it. I’m glad I took 5 days off work to rest as I think this help my healing so may be worth thinking about xx

1 Like

Hello I had CIN3 and CGIN so yes they took out quite a big chunk . I feel no difference at all 1 and a half years after all fine. Take some days off if you can after the Lletz .
Honestly it sounds worse than it is I wish I didn’t worry so much back then, Take care let me know how you get on. And ask me anything that you want about the Lletz happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. This is what I can hope for, and I need to think positive that there is a high chance of success (over 90%) and the fact that issues with sex post Lletz are considered rare. As advised, I am going to give myself 6 days to rest post surgery for the best chance of recovery. I think this is a wise idea.

I hope all continues to be well for you :slightly_smiling_face: x

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply regarding grade of CIN. This gives me more confidence and I hope for the same or similar experience. It’s strange that as the day approaches, my anxieties are now more centred around what the results say, rather than sexual function. I’m really hoping for clear results and quick recovery. And will be giving myself 6 days off after to rest, as you suggest. I think this is wise for best chance of recovery. X

1 Like

Hello yes 6 days off is perfect , take care let me know how you get on stay positive it really helps to do that.

1 Like