Sex 2 weeks after Chemo Rads and Brachy - all good

Hi all,

I know that a lot of women have mentioned that they are left with problems both physically and mentally with sex following treatment. I have been extremely lucky in that I am just under 2 weeks post brachy and I have been able to resume having sex without any problems. I was very worried before treatment that I would lose my sex life, it is important to me. Both my boyfriend and I found that everything felt as usual. No pain, no dryness or tightening. I haven't tried the dilators yet and I will do so but so far so good. 

This treatment seems to effect everyone differently. I don't wish to sound smug at all, I really hope it doesn't. I just wanted to let those going for treatment know that you may come out the other side and it might all work as normal really quickly! Fingers crossed. 

Good luck

Becky 

Yay Becky so happy for you! You are brave, I was a chicken and didn't have sex for months after treatment lol. But when I first started using my dilators 2 1/2 weeks post treatment it was uncomfortable for me and I had to use a ton of lube I got unlucky and suffer from dryness. Even if I get turned on not a pinch of wetness comes out it's crazy. So even with sex I have to use a bunch of lube , but thankfully with lube I'm able to manage sex so I'm thankful for that. I know some people find sex uncomfortable even with lube.

I am so pleased for you! I am extremely lucky to have no physical side effects , my vagina is just like it was before treatment but menopause has completely killed my libido and on top of that I am scared of having sex since this caused this cancer to begin with. 

I am.seeing a therapist for this but due to Covid-19 all counselling sessions are postponed.

Do u girls have to use lube at all?

I use lube with my dialator, just to make sure it goes in smoothly. I don't feel dry but things have definetly changed, I used to have regular discharge , and could tell when I had my ovulation, but of course that's all in the past 

Do u have to use lube for sex? Or does it naturally lubricate for that. I have to use lube for dilators and sex. My boyfriend doesn’t mind the lube though he said he actually likes it, so I guess that’s good lol. I just hate how it can’t be in the heat of the moment like it used to. “ hold on let me lay down some towels grab the lube and use the dilators for a second first” lol

Such amazing news. I'm having my last two zapps tomorrow and branchy next Week. I'm worried about the external and internal side effects. When I sobbed to my husband that I'd read sex is a problem and Vaginas shrink his reply "well we didn't do it that much to start with". We did. He just doesn't have a great memory. But it's important to me to have a normal sized vagina that works.... Even if it's just for me. 

Hey.

I'm glad you have had a positive overall experience and have been able to get back to normal in a short amount of time. Indeed, it is good to let women know that this can be the outcome. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Xx

Hey.

I'm glad you have had a positive overall experience and have been able to get back to normal in a short amount of time. Indeed, it is good to let women know that this can be the outcome. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Xx