Severe dyskaryosis

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here after finding this forum whilst browsing the web. I've recently not long had a baby (5 months ago) and i had my first smear 2 weeks ago as i'm 24.5 years now. I recieved the results through the post yesterday saying i had severe dyskaryosis and need to book an appointment for a colposcopy.

I have been nervous about having a smear and booked it straightaway as soon i was able to as my Mum was diagnosed with cervical cancer aged 35. She had been bleeding and had been having symptoms beforehand, whereas i have none and i naively believed that my first smear i would be ok.

Since getting the result as its the weekend i haven't been able to talk to anyone about my worries as the doctors aren't open until Monday. I haven't been able to sleep or eat and now have stomach cramps, which is fuelling my anxiety even more.

Please can anyone share some positive stories of this happening to them. I'm so scared i'll be examined and they'll tell me the cancer is too far spead and i won't see my son grow up. He's only 5 months old. Please help me.

Suze

Hi hun, welcome to Jo's Trust.

Sorry to hear about your recent smear results.  I too was told I had Severe Dyskaryosis....and 25. I was told that this does not mean I have cancer but pre-cancerous cells that COULD lead to cancer in the distant future. 

Don't get me wrong there are some cases at the moment that younger people in the 25 year old age bracket are being diagnosed with Cc after havibg colposcopy and biopsies. But this is rare! 

I had my Colposcopy and LLETZ treatment 6 weeks ago and still have no results (my doctor thinks they may have been lost). 

I havr had symptoms too but they could be due to anything.

I know it's easier said than done, especially knowing your mum unfortunately had CC, but please try and remain calm. As like me you will more thab likely have a colposcopy and have the abnormal cells removed. Many women do not find this a bad procedure  just a few period like cramps. 

Just to clarify,  it's very rare that cancerous cells will be found..

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best. Feel free to inbox me anytime. 

Sammie xxx

Hi just wanted to say I'm new on here aswell, my results said 'high grade dyskaryosis', my colposcopy appt is tomorrow, im dreading it.

I'm not sure if your doctor will be able to tell you anything, I was hoping to maybe get some answers/info from my doctor but after waiting 5 days after I'd got my results letter to just get a telephone appt he said he couldn't tell me anything until my colposcopy!

I have a 21 month old son and keep nearly bursting into tears every time i look at him fearing the worst so I know how you're feeling, especially as your mum was diagnosed with cc aswell.  Ive been trying hard to still eat and sleep (when my minds not in overdrive!) as I'm trying not to get run down in case I need treatment, which I'm presuming I will need.

Take care

Gail x

Hi suze, I turned 25 in may and have a 4 yr old and a 7 month old, I also thought my results would be Fine but came back High grade as soon as I saw that I went into panic and thought the worst!!! Well just had my colposcopy and it was fine I do have HPV virus but at least I don't have cervical cancer - try not not google as it is all negitive - good luck and I know it's easy enough to say it but try and put it at the back of your mind xxx

HHim new here too. Severe cin3 . Went for colposcopy but they didn't remove the cells because they said I had to have general anaesthetic to remove the cells with wide margins in terrified . I'm getting procedure next week I have a 5 year old girl and recently had a miscarriage and that is how they discovered it. I have my unborn child that I lost to thank for thus coming to light. I guess nature has its way of doing things 

HHim new here too. Severe cin3 . Went for colposcopy but they didn't remove the cells because they said I had to have general anaesthetic to remove the cells with wide margins in terrified . I'm getting procedure next week I have a 5 year old girl and recently had a miscarriage and that is how they discovered it. I have my unborn child that I lost to thank for thus coming to light. I guess nature has its way of doing things 

hi i also am new here i went to the docs as i was bleeding alot on for 9 days of for 6 i have always put of going the docs for things downstairs due to being aboused as a child it just was terrifing i had my son 6 years ago and sonce then sex as been very painful and my periods a mess i went the docs after 4 months of this constant on of bleeding and braved it it took all my courage to go it came back i needed a coloscapy it terrified me going for it so much so i never slept for nealy 10 days the doctor gave me some drugs to calm my nerves and to relax me they never did owt when i went for the coloscapy they told me then n there i would have to have a cone biopsy but still had to wait for results to confirm it true as his word i did under ga i got my results back last week and told i also had cgin high grade i aint got a clue what it all means she said the docs will have a meeting to discuss what is going to happen but i got to wait till sept nearly 7 weeks to wait.

i do hope your gets sorted asap mine as been on going since march no fun this waiting and docs not telling you or explaing things does not help hugs to you xxx

Hi, just wanted to add my experience too. I know how you feel, its such a worrying time but try to stay calm and remember how rare it is that you will have CC.

I had my 1st smear in May this year, and got results 2 weeks later showing severe dyskaryosis. I was so scared and immediately thought the worst. I read that it can take 10 years + for it to develop into cancer, but that didn't stop me worrying. I've got a little boy too (he's 2) and was certain he would grow up without a mum. I had a week to wait til my colposcopy, and I barely slept or ate for the whole week.

The colposcopy was fine though. The colposcopist and 2 nurses (all female) were absolutely lovely, and my husband was allowed in the room with me too. They found 2 abnormal cells, and removed them there and then with the lazer loop treatment. That didn't hurt, just a slight sting when they injected the local anaestetic.

I got results about 2 weeks later showing no evidence of cancer, and have been put on 6 monthly smears to keep an eye on it.

I know its easier said than done, but try to stay positive. Have you got a date for colposcopy? Please inbox me if you want to know any more details about colposcopy etc, or just if you want to talk xxx

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry i haven't replied sooner i moved house on the day of my colposcopy and haven't been able to get online since. I got my smear results on the Saturday and on Monday i rang every single hospital in the area and managed to get a cancellation for my colposcopy for the next day. I was very scared and the doctor/nurses were great and the procedure was very dignified. The doctor believed my smear had been over-graded as the area was small and the biopsy i had pretty much removed the affected area. I was told there would be a 3 week wait for the results.

Its 3 weeks tomorrow and i rang up today as i felt anxious again and the secretary said my results had come back on the 29th July and were waiting to be sent to me, but she couldn't tell me the result over the phone and the doctor would ring if there was a problem. The doctor rang literally 5 minutes later and said the biopsy showed the cells were CIN3 and i'd need treatment. I've managed to get a cancellation appointment tomorrow and i'm having laser i believe. So glad i rang up as i wouldn't have got the cancellation otherwise. Hopefully everything will be ok after this treatment.

Suze xx