Severe cell chnges :(

Hi Guys

Im new on here and i am worried sick ! I have recently had a letter saying that that i have high grade cell changes in the cervix. As soon as i recieved the letter I made an appointmen at the colposcopy clinic and had a loop biopsy there and then. I am now waiting for results and am absolutely terrified! I cant sleep, eat or concentrate on anything but the worst and that i have advanced cervical cancer and im going to die :( I have bad anxiety problems anyway so this has literally hit me like a ton of bricks. I keep bursting into tears and having panic attacks. Does anyone know wether my test results would come back quicker if it was bad news? And does anyone know wether advanced cervical cancer could be seen in the colposcopy?

Any advice or information on this would be really appreciated xxxxxxx

Hi There

Its only natural for you to feel this way, the panic you feel after the letter is overwhelming and you can't help fearing the worst. If it helps I was exactly the same! I have calmed down some what....but I think thats because I have had a break between treatment. I know the panic will set back in once I have had my Lletz on Wed! 

I can't help you with times, it seems to vary from place to place.....I am no doctor, but I do think if it had advanced (which takes YEARS) they would have seen something. Its so unlikely you even have CC at all so please try not to think the worst and that its advanced.

I hope you get your results soon and that its good news. I know its a cliche but the best thing to do is keep yourself busy and distracted. Enjoy the things you would normally restrict yourself from and when this is all over never forget how you felt through this time and let it be a wake up call to live your life to the full and not let the small things bother you.....thats going to be my mantra.....fingers crossed :-)

Take care hun xxx

Aww I really feel for you. After I got the initial letter, I was also in bits. Anxiety, loss of sleep, loss of appetite...then when I lost weight, I was of course convinced it was cancer! It is a scary time. But as jac says, it is so unlikely to be cancer. The vast majority of women on this site have treatment, and they don't need to come back. 

My advice would be not to google and try to do what you can to help you relax. The fear and anxiety surrounding it all ( which is worse for you) is the worst bit.

Take care and keep posting here, we all understand what you are going through. I found this site enormously helpful,  my boyfriend meant well but he didn't get what I was going through or why I was so freaked oyt! 

Xx

Hi,

try not to worry. I did get my results back quickly as I had cc and that seems to be the trend on here reading past posts. if they find something, they will want to get you in. The waiting is horrendous I know. But I knew 6 other people who had had LLETZ and that was it, no cc just CIN, which is the usual diagnosis.

you will convince yourself u have stage 4 cancer as that is how the mind works with little info! I convinced myself i had pains throughout my body after my diagnosis and before MRI. Us ladies like to worry ourselves...

TRY not to worry. Do NOT google. If u want, read through the posts on here. It's amazing how busy the updates from new people on the smear and colposcopy sections are compared to new people on the newly diagnosed section.

good luck.

dons x

Thanks so much guys means so much that you have replied. Its crazy as 2 weeks ago i hadnt even heard of CIN and new very little about cervical cancer! I do think if it is good news that i get back that i do need to stop worrying about the little things and appreciate life more. Thank you for all your advice and info I do feel better and not so alone :) thanks girls xxx

Thanks so much guys means so much that you have replied. Its crazy as 2 weeks ago i hadnt even heard of CIN and new very little about cervical cancer! I do think if it is good news that i get back that i do need to stop worrying about the little things and appreciate life more. Thank you for all your advice and info I do feel better and not so alone :) thanks girls xxx

It really is a worrying time.   When did you have the biopsy taken ?   I am over 3 weeks since my colposcopy and still waiting for results and am so hoping that is a good sign.  They said give it 4 weeks so I am going to wait until next Monday then start phoning.

From reading other posts it does sound like they can tell quite a bit from the colposcopy and there does seem to be a trend that if its not good news to tend to hear sooner rather than later

But every hospital has different processing times so its hard to say

Best advice is read lots of posts on here and DONT GOOGLE - you will completely freak out if you do  !!

D

Awwwww Dons369 im so sorry to hear about ur diagnosis :( I really hope your ok and they have managed to start u with some kind of treatment? I seem to have been somw what calmer 2day but i still find myself watching my phone constantly incase i get that call. Im also really confused as my 1st smear 3 years ago was normal and now its right at the other end of the spectrum. I thought cell changes took years to develop? So that seems strange its gone from one end to another in 3 years. Disey i had my loop biopsy last tues and im like a cat on hot bricks everytime my phone rings or the post comes its so nerve racking. It does sound from the ladies on here that if its bad news they tend to be intouch pretty quickly so I think that its still 3 weeks later and you have heard nothing is a good sign. Everyday that goes by and i have heard nothing i feel a little better its just horrible feeling so vulnerable and that anyday it could be that bad news xxx

Apologies to crash this converstaion its just i found out yesterday i hav eto go for a LLETZ and i just feel very anxious, its my second lot of treatment in two years. I had my coposcopy not even three weeks ago and just found out. I think i'm more scared of the treatment itself than the result (although i'm sure that will change after next week) Its really nice to read your kind words and its made me relax abit. So just wanted to say thank you. I just want the next week to go quickly so i can get it over and done with. Disey, fingers crossed you dont have to have any further treatment. xx