Second time posting.. Anyone?

Hey ladies!

Okay just looking to see if any of you ladies have gone through the same thing as me, or similar?

I had my first ever smear test last month in October (I'm 26) & I got my results back as 'abnormal'.. & that I had low grade dyskariyosis & evidence of HPV! Now I had never heard of HPV before until my smear test! Anyway, as you do, I went straight into panic mode thinking 'oh my god I've got the dreaded C word!!' I literally cried through panic of seeing this on my results as I've never been ill or had any operations or anything of the sort & I am pretty healthy! 

Anyway, I was booked to go for a colposcopy which I went to at the beginning of November - I can't explain the nerves I felt when I was called into the colposcopy room. But in actual fact, it really was not that bad! The nurses I had were lovel. - I must have absolutely drilled their brains with the amount of questions I had.. She explained to me before she did the colposcopy that I had 'high risk HPV' & I said 'the type that can cause cancer?' And before she even finished saying 'yes' my heart was in my mouth!! So I got into position & she was having a look at my cervix, as she was doing so she asked me if I wanted to look.. I said noooo way ho say! Lol.. Not that it mattered as I could see her computer screen right behind her & guess what? There was my cervix lol I really didn't wish to see it!! 

After she had a look & everything, she did 2 biopsies (which weren't painful for any ladies wondering) & she told me afterwards that she thinks my letter was wrong about the low grade dyskariyosis & that she thinks I just have the HPV virus so she said I didn't need treatment & would probably just be called back for another smear! I'm still waiting for my biopsy results & I'm dreading that they might say something completely different to what she told me.. Is this possible? What are the chances that she could be wrong & it could be worse? It's been almost 2 weeks & I've not heard anything yet. Has anyone experienced this or similar? And can high risk HPV flush itself out of your body? I've totally upped my vitamin intake now too to help boost my immune system even more, even though I have a strong one already!

Any advice would be great!! :)

xxx

Hi babe. First let me say well done on your first smear its abit of a head mess to get told abnormal, but your in the system now so you will be fine. After my first abnormal smear i freaked out totally but then they cam back normal for four years untill my last one like you where tbey found high hpv and lke you i had not heard of it before it has feaked me out cnstant and i no people say dont panic but its in our nature lol.

I have not had my colscopy yet its on the 26th november but i did have a normal pap smear result just the high hpv which makes me think how long have i had it. To be honest my body is going through changes at the min as had the implant out in jne, got my first period in september but they have been strange ever since i started getting them back and the doctors say its my hormones going through change but you think different when you see your smear results.

I jst say thanks for this site its such a great site for reassurance. And to keep you sain lol. Plus bbe you have waited two weeks for results which is a good sign the longer the better xxxxx

Hi Hun,

i was like you aswel & got the shock of my life when my first smear came back abnormal. 

I think it's pretty unlikely that anything more sinister will come back, especially as you've already been waiting 2 weeks.

My smear came back with severe high grade dyksarosis, at colposcopy she said it was high grade & also "prepared" me in hearing worse news.

I was called in around 10days later to be told I had a CIS. 

I then met the oncologist a few days later.

Its completely natural to freak out, I think we all did! 

They may not say anything over the phone regarding your results but you can always give the clinic a call to chase up results. 

Keep us posted on your progress

Johanna

xxx

Hello hun,

Thank you for your reply :) I think it is torally natural to freak out! I cried on reading my results cause I was thinking they would just be normal I've never really been ill or even had a cold :( so it was a bit of a shock to me! 

She did tell me at my colposcopy that she thinks it's just the virus I have (high risk HPV) but she still took 2 biopsies anyway - not sure if that's normal or not? I was just relieved to hear it wasn't anything worse. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your results - I couldn't imagine how you must have felt! And even hearing anything 'abnormal' makes you put life into perspective, it defiantly did with me! I was thinking the worst & I couldn't ever imagining leaving my beautiful baby boy, he's only 4 & a half months old :( luckily I'm on the system now though so I try not to worry! Our minds can be our own worst enemy lol..

I will update when I receieve my results (dreading it!)

Keep me updated with yours too :)

big hugs xxx

Urgh so many spelling mistakes lol iPhones for you! Lol 

I actually meant 'definitely' & 'receive' lol 

xxx

I have had 3 abnormal smears all CIN3 in 10 years... 3 lletz treatments that have left scarring :( i had my last smear sept 2012 6 months after my last lletz and tested negative for HPV... they have put my back to 3 yearly smear but if i dont have HPV what is causing my abnormal results. Think im scared that they are leaving me with such a large gap between smears knowing my history. X