Scared of recurrence

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I have posted on here, so apologies in advance if I start to ramble…!

In December 2014 I was diagnosed with stage 1a2 CC. In January 2015 I had a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal (kept ovaries). I’m currently on 4 monthly check ups, and so far everything has been going well, albeit a bit stressful at times.

Ever since my op, I have been experiencing mild discomfort around my sides, almost like a stiffness, especially if I’ve been on my feet all day or picking up/carrying my toddler. I finally mentioned it to my GP this morning, and she is referring me for an MRI as soon as possible. She suspects it is probably just scar tissue/adhesion pains and that a scan will put my mind at rest, but I’m going out of my head with worry. All I’ve done this morning is cry. I can’t concentrate or focus on anything, all I keep thinking is that the cancer has come back. I’m so frightened.

Has anyone on here had any experience of a stage 1 recurrence? What were the options offered to you? I don’t know where to turn and I’m terrified that it’s back.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice

Amanda xxx

Hi Blamires!

just wan to say that if that existed since operation and never increased in pain it's more than probable it's just scars!

Hi Hun 

I think it is totally normal to be nervous I had lots of pain after my hysterectomy in sides and was worrying sick, I think mind goes into panic not rational mode!

anyway I started exercising and it seemed to go so I think strenghening my body seemed to really help me and mentally too I feel like I'm being healthy etc. 

Try not to stress I know hard but doctor only doing tests just in case

Pray all comes back nothing for you xxx

Hi Amanda :-)

We all go into a panic about recurrence, it's a normal reaction. Fortunately, a recurrence is really quite rare but even so we manage to work ourselves up into such a state about it we start to develop psychosomatic symptoms. I used to breathe too quickly, my heart would start thumping and I'd get black spots in front of my eyes - dreadful! How long do you have to wait for your check-up scan?

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli