Scared! Awaiting results after LLETZ

New member.
I am 26 years old and just had my 1st smear. I have had 3 children and had my smears 13 weeks after my last child was born.
My smear came back stating borderline changes in squamous cells and HIGH RISK HPV.
I then had a colposcopy on the 25th July.
Had two biopsies taken. Results came back last week stating abnormal cells and ungradeable CIN. But for management purposes graded CIN2.
Just had an LLETZ.
Trying not to panic. Can anyone reassure me?

Hello :)

Im not at all an expert but I didn't want to read and run!

CIN is NOT cancer so do not worry! 

From what I am aware.. Llletz is performed to remove the abnormal cells. From the Llletz treatment, the doctors will be able to asess the tissue to tell what grade of CIN you have/had and whether they were able to remove it all.

until you get your results try and relax, and stay off Google! 

If you have any specific questions, or if I totally misunderstood this post (for which I apologise!) then continue to use this forum as the ladies are super helpful :) x

Thank you so much.  It's definitely awful waiting :( trying to avoid Google. 

Hi amymooch

I had the LLETZ procedure done in 2013 under a general anaesthetic and it removes the affected area of cells (plus an extra bit) to ensure no further changes happen in that area and emjoxo is correct, they will test that area and let you know of the results as to what CIN it is/was. I completely understand the worrying part but you will find great support on here xx